AJ Bell's headquarters at Salford Quays
|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: AJB|
|Founded||1995Manchester, United Kingdomin|
|Headquarters||4 Exchange Quay, Salford Quays, |
United Kingdom, M5 3EE
|Les Platts (Chairman)|
Andy Bell (Chief Executive)
|Products||SIPP, SSAS, ISA, Junior ISA, GIA|
|Brands||AJ Bell Youinvest|
AJ Bell Platinum
AJ Bell Securities
AJ Bell Media
|Revenue||£89.7 million (2018)|
|£28.3 million (2018)|
|£22.6 million (2018)|
The company was formed in Manchester by Andy Bell and Nicholas Littlefair in 1995. The company was the subject of an initial public offering valuing the business at £675 million in November 2018.
The company currently has £44.2 billion of assets under administration and 204,400 customers as of January 2019. Its main platform business operates under four core brands:
- AJ Bell Youinvest is a direct-to-customer platform, offering a low-cost SIPP, ISA and Dealing (Trading) Account.
- AJ Bell Investcentre offers an SIPP, ISA and general investment account (GIA) and is only available to customers via Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised financial advisers.
- AJ Bell Platinum is a bespoke SIPP and SSAS provider offering customers a bespoke (custom) service.
- AJ Bell Securities is the company's stockbroking arm.
- "Annual Report 2018" (PDF). AJ Bell. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Firing Line: Andy Bell". ftadviser.com. Archived from the original on 2015-10-28. Retrieved 2015-09-18.
- "AJ Bell valued at up to £675m as IPO price revealed". Citywire. 27 November 2018. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- James Phillipps (23 January 2019). "AJ Bell adds 7,000 customers, but markets wipe out £2.7bn AUM". Citywire. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "AJ Bell introduces capped annual charge on revamped D2C platform". Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Pick the best (and cheapest) investment Isa platform This is Money". This is Money. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Patrick Collinson. "Investing charges: where should you put your money?". the Guardian. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Sippcentre rebrands as AJ Bell Investcentre". ftadviser.com. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "AJ Bell Investcentre GIA now via Canadian Life offshore bonds". FTSE Global Markets. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Everything you need to know about the AJ Bell Platinum SIPP - Investment Sense". Investment Sense. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- Nicholas Paler. "AJ Bell to launch platform next year". New Model Adviser. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "More transparency for platforms, but more complexity too". Financial Times. Retrieved 2 March 2019.
- "Financial Planner Online - AJ Bell acquires financial publisher MSM Media". financialplanneronline.co.uk.