Just Group plc
|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: JUST|
|Headquarters||Vale House, Bancroft Road,|
David Richardson (Interim CEO)
|Revenue||£2,863.0 million (2018)|
|£(85.5) million (2018)|
|£(64.3) million (2018)|
Just Group plc, formerly JRP Group plc and, before that, Just Retirement Group plc, is a British company specialising in retirement products and services headquartered in Reigate, Surrey. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The company, which was established as Just Retirement in 2004, was listed on the Alternative Investment Market until it was bought out by Permira in 2009. It launched a fixed-term product that links with enhanced annuity rates in 2011 and then set up a pensions de-risking arm in 2012. It went on to join the long term care market and to offer individually underwritten annuities in 2013. The company was the subject of an initial public offering in November 2013. In April 2016 the company merged with Partnership Assurance and was renamed JRP Group. In May 2017 the company changed its name to Just Group plc.
The company provides annuities to retirees with serious health conditions such as heart disease and to heavy smokers. The products pay out a higher income than the usual products.
Prudential Regulation Authority proposals
The firm’s share price fell after it announced in its business update on 24 July 2018 that proposals by the Prudential Regulation Authority on the valuation of equity release mortgages could, if implemented, result in a reduction in the firm's regulatory capital position.
Relationship with Age UK
Just Group came under fire after claims that Age UK was sending users through its commercial arm (Age Co) to an equity release advice service provided by Hub Financial, a company wholly owned by Just. While customers were told that Hub compared deals from a panel of five providers, its advice process was structured so that in most cases a customer would be offered a deal by just one panel member, namely Just.
- "Preliminary Results 2018" (PDF). Just Group. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "IPO values Just Retirement at £1.1bn". FT.com. 12 November 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Are consumers getting a raw deal from fixed term annuities?". City Wire. 3 August 2011. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Just Retirement launches pensions de-risking business". Health Insurance Daily. 29 November 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- "Just Retirement to enter long term care market". Mortgage Introducer. 21 May 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Just Retirement/Partnership merger complete; JRP Group formed". 4 April 2016. Retrieved 16 April 2016.
- "JRP Group changes name to Just Group Plc". Reuters. 19 May 2017. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
- "Just Retirement valued at $1.8 bln in London share listing". Reuters. 12 November 2013. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Just Retirement Signs As New Title Sponsor For World Bowls Event". sponsorship-awards.co.uk. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "Bowls International Just Retirement agree three year sponsorship deal for the World Indoor Bowls Championship". bowlsinternational.com. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "Be bowled over at the 2017 Just World Indoor Bowls Championships". Potters Bowls. 1 December 2016. Retrieved 6 February 2017.
- "Just 2018 World Indoor Bowls Championships - results". Potters Bowls. 5 December 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Just Group warns proposed mortgage rules could hit its capital". FT. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- 'Age UK equity release deals under fire', Adam Williams, Daily Telegraph, 4 May 2019