Bickley railway station
|Local authority||London Borough of Bromley|
|Number of platforms||4|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|5 July 1858||Opened (terminus)|
|3 December 1860||Through|
|London transport portal|
Bickley railway station is on the Chatham Main Line in England, serving the town of Bickley in the London Borough of Bromley, south-east London. It is 11 miles 76 chains (19.2 km) down the line from London Victoria and is situated between Bromley South and St Mary Cray on the main line. Southeastern trains branch from the main line south of Bickley and run to Orpington via Petts Wood. Thameslink services run either via Petts Wood or St Mary Cray on the main line.
Bickley is in Travelcard Zone 5.
The station was opened as Southborough Road by the London, Chatham and Dover Railway (LCDR), on the Chatham Main Line, firstly from the west (London-bound) from Bromley on 5 July 1858; and then, on 3 December 1860, the line from the east, completing the link between Victoria and Faversham, and later, in 1861, to Dover and Ramsgate.
In 1860 the station was renamed Bickley.
To the east of the station are what are known as the Bickley Loops which connect the Chatham Main Line with the South Eastern Main Line (formerly of the South Eastern Railway, constructed in 1902 by the newly unified South Eastern and Chatham Railway.
The station lies on the four-track main line, fast and slow lines paired; crossovers allow trains to use the Bickley Loops. There are two island platforms, with stairs leading up to the station buildings at the country end of the station, located on Southborough Road.
- 2 tph to London Victoria via Herne Hill
- 2 tph to London Blackfriars via Catford
- 2 tph to Kentish Town (during the peak hours, these trains continue to Luton)
- 4 tph to Orpington
- 2 tph to Sevenoaks via Swanley
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
London Buses routes 162, 269, 336 and R7 serve the station.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Chronology Of London Railways by H.V.Borley
- Southern Region Record by R.H.Clark
- "Timetable 7: London to Bromley South and Orpington" (PDF). Southeastern, September 2020.
- "Timetable 05: Luton to Orpington and Sevenoaks" (PDF). Thameslink, December 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bickley railway station.|