|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Tim Cartmell|
|• Total||1.19 km2 (0.46 sq mi)|
|Elevation||672 m (2,205 ft)|
|• Density||1,610.1/km2 (4,170/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||−1.8%|
It is bounded to the west and south by Whitemud Drive. The boundary on the north is the North Saskatchewan River valley, while the boundary on the east is Whitemud Creek.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Brookside had a population of 1,916 living in 721 dwellings, a -1.8% change from its 2009 population of 1,951. With a land area of 1.19 km2 (0.46 sq mi), it had a population density of 1,610.1 people/km2 in 2012.
According to the 2001 federal census, substantially all residences in the neighbourhood were built during the 1960s and 1970s. Just over half (50.4%) of all residences were built during the 1960s while two out of five (40.4%) were built during the 1970s. Most of the remaining residences were built during the early 1980s.
Most of the residences in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, are single-family dwellings. These account for more than four out of every five (83%) of all residences in the neighbourhood. One in ten (10%) residences is a row house while a small percentage (6%) are rented apartments in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories. Four residences out of five (83%) are owner-occupied while one in five (17%) are rented.
There is a single school in the neighbourhood, Brookside Elementary School, operated by the Edmonton Public School System.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.