C.N. Ashwath Narayan
||This article is written like a personal reflection or opinion essay that states a Wikipedia editor's personal feelings about a topic. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (October 2013) (|
|Dr. C. N. Ashwathnarayan.|
Dr. C. N. Ashwathnarayan, Member of Legislative Assembly
|Born||2 February 1969
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Children||Amogh & Akanksha|
C. N. Ashwathnarayan is an Indian politician. He is a Member of Karnataka Legislative Assembly representing BJP from Malleshwaram constituency, Bangalore, Karnataka. Positions held include Convenor of Doctors Cell - Bharatiya Janata Party, Managing Trustee of Padmashree Charitable Trust and Shushrutha Group of Institutions and Founder President of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore. He was the Vice President of Bharathiya Janatha Party, Bangalore District, senate member of Bangalore University, syndicate and senate member of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Employees Association, Bangalore, President of Samskara Bharathi, Malleshwaram and the Chairman of Committee for drafting statutes for A&B, C&D cadre of employees of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
Ashwath Narayan has enabled introduction of Health Insurance schemes, Pension scheme for Widows, Handicaps and Senior Citizens, Day Care Centre for Senior Citizens, Seva Kendra’s in each ward. Also Hasiru Santhe, Zero Garbage, Waste Recycle, Modernizing Old Establishments, Development of Parks, Gymnasiums and Aerobics Centres.
Family and Childhood
C. N. Ashwathnarayan is the youngest son of Sri. T.K. Narayanappa and Smt. V.L. Padmamma and was born on 2 February 1969. T.K. Narayanappa was a teacher, and retired as a Dy Superintendent of Physical Education. has 3 three brothers, all engineers. He is married to Smt. Shruthi, a Chickmagalur native, who holds a master's degree in Social Works (Master of Social Work). He has two children, a son, Amogh, born in 2001 and a daughter, Akanksha, born in 2003, who both studied at National public school, Bangalore. Mrs. Shruthi is involved with the running of the Padmashree Medicare Pvt Ltd.
He was born to T.K. Narayanappa and Padmamma on 2 February 1969 at Bangalore, Karnataka, India. He completed his pre school education from St. Mary's School, Rajajinagar, Bangalore, primary schooling from Chandrodaya School, Yeshwanthpu, Middle schooling from B.P. Indian School, Malleshwaram, High schooling from D.V.S. Shimoga, Pre University from National College, Shimoga and obtained M.B.B.S from Kasturba Medical College Mangalore.
Early life & Career
After completing his schooling in Bangalore and Shimoga, he went to Kasturba Medical College to complete his medical degree, where he became the president of student’s union and upon completing the course he became the president of Junior Doctor’s association. After working his way through college as a leader of student’s union and then as president of junior doctors association, he was elected as Senate and Syndicate member of Rajiv Gandhi University and Health Sciences and Bangalore University.
He started Padmashree Charitable Trust and Shushrutha Group of Institution, which are running a group of educational Institutions, which offer various courses in Paramedic, Management, Science and technology and Ayurvedic Medical Schience. Over 2500 students are pursuing their studies in these Institutions. He was elected as
- The student leader (President) of Kasturba Medical College in 1989.
- The President of Junior Doctor Association in 1994
- The Senate Member of Bangalore University in 1995
- The Senate and Syndicate Member of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in 1999.
- The Senate and Syndicate Member of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in 2002 (Re-elected).
- Life member of Indian Medical Association
C. N. Ashwathnarayan entered mainstream politics in 2004 by joining the BJP, contested from Malleshwaram constituency and lost the election against a sitting MLA M.R. Seetharam.
In the year 2008, he again contested from the same constituency. He won the election to the state legislature with a huge margin against two times MLA, M.R. Seetharam.
He was elevated to the level of Vice President of BJP, Bangalore District. The BJP candidate from Bangalore North constituency won by a large margin in the April 2009 general elections, and BJP candidates won in 6 of 7 wards in 2010 Municipal corporation elections.
Contributions to Society as a People Representative – Malleshwaram
- BBMP Vasavi Dialysis Center state of the Art Dialysis centre provides state of the art infrastructure and support to patients with chronic or severe kidney conditions. Dialysis operates in 3 shifts, 30000 dialysis done so far.
- Free Health Camps and awareness conducted regularly across Malleshwaram.
- PHC & PHU’s – One new PHC added Kadu Malleshwara and PHU at Subramanyanagara.
- Malleshwaram was first to have BBMP Senior citizen day care center.
Seva Kendra’s a unique idea to provide integrated services and facilities under one roof in each ward. First to have Senior citizen center.
Modernized Dobhi Ghat established one of a kind in entire country to address the unhygienic conditions and washing problems of washer men. 25000 clothes washed per day and housing for washer men.
Public Private Participation for maintaining public places like parks, playgrounds, toilets etc. undertaken to mention a few Malleshwaram Ground (Trident Motors), Kempegowda Play Ground (Brigade Group), Sangoli Rayanna Park (Brigade Group), Sankey Tank lake development (Total Environment) and BBMP Dialysis Center (Vasavi)
Solid Waste Management
- “Smart Swachh Malleshwaram” initiative inline with Swachh Bharath. Aggressive awareness drive for source Segregation, elimination of Blackspots and complaint management.
- Capacity Building activities of all Solid waste Management stake holders.
- Exclusive call center for complaint readdressal through Online, Android APP, Whatsapp etc.
- 2 Bin 1 Bag implementation initiatives taken up in all wards.
- Smart Swachh Malleshwaram “Student outreach” program undertaken to educate the young minds on source segregation, composting etc.
- Malleshwaram was the first to establish Organic waste Converter in Bangalore.
- Malleshwaram Sports Foundation established to facilitate and support all sports activities.
- Malleshwaram Ground with individual court, audience gallery, tensile roofing, well furnished stage, Rain water Harvesting and restrooms have been provided.
- Chandrashekar Azad play (PIT Colony) under development to have indoor Volleyball/Badminton stadium and athletics track.
- Hi-tech BBMP Gyms established in all wards with state of art equipment’s at affordable fees.
- 63rd Senior National Kabaddi Championship 2015 conducted at Malleshwaram Grounds.
- National Para Badminton 2015 at canara union, Malleshwaram conducted successfully.
- Karnataka State Body Building competition “Mr. Karnataka 2015” held at Malleshwaram.
- Recognize and honour sportspersons who brought laurels to our country, build a better society from a healthy competitive mind and prepare them for greater heights.
- Attended mini national, National, Asian and Olympic games.
Education - Govt. Schools/College’s Infrastructure developments undertaken where necessary. Scholarships to 5000 poor students through “Dr. C. N. Ashwathnarayan Foundation”.
- “Shuchi program” for health and hygiene (Sanitary napkins) distributed free of cost through the ARSH & AEP program.
- Exclusive Regional Center for Women established. Training for skill development and self-employment undertaken.
- Youth Edge 2016 conducted to promote Youth leadership and encourage many potential entrepreneurs to take the next step towards realizing their dream. Knowledge on entrepreneurship and start-up discussed by industry experts (Mr. Ravi Gururaj, Mr. Madan Padkai and MR. Ian Faria)
- Job Mela’s conducted regularly across Malleshwaram to address the requirement and employment.
E-Cauvery – An GIS Application to tackle water issues by having an inventory of connections and type of connection. Water supply / Sewage lines underneath the road can be mapped to the roads to identify, track and monitor so that this will reduce cost of maintenance.
Malleshwaram Sahaaya – www.malleshwaram.saahaya.in a citizen centric initiative to allow citizens report their grievance about any non-emergency nature in an easy secure and transparent manner. Built to improve co-ordination across various organization (BBMP, BWSSB, Law & Order, Traffic and Utilities). Android APP available on Play store for download to citizens to report grievance using Mobile devices.
Technology initiatives (GIS, Android App’s and digital Social Media)
- Malleshwaram has been the first to implement GIS-based application with respect to PID (Property Identification), RID (Road History).
- Well-established Web portal drashwath.in gives all categories of public the information.
- Facebook Pages : Used effectively to communicate events/functions/celebrations across constituency. 40000+ followers in all for pages listed.
www.facebook.com/mymalleshwaram www.facebook.com/drashwathnarayan www.facebook.com/MyCleanMalleswaram www.facebook.com/bjymmalleswaram www.facebook.com/malleshwaramsportsfoundation
- Twitter handle : Exclusively for @drashwathcn can be followed to know on the updates.
Awards and achievements
- American Fellowship for 20th New Generation Seminar by East West Center – A two-week education and dialogue program for the young leaders from Asia, the Pacific and United States of America on the topic “Asia Pacific Security and the U.S. role” held in September October 2010 at Honolulu-Hawai (USA), Okinawa & Tokyo (Japan) and Seoul (South Korea).
- Dr. B.C. Roy Award at Doctors Day by Indian Medical Association.
- Honoured by “Adarsha Yuva Vidhayak Puraskar” on 5th Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad - 2014 at MAEER’s MIT Campus, Pune.
- Recognized by Prime Minister of India Shri. Narendra Modiji for the “Smart Swachh Malleshwaram” initiatives taken across Malleshwaram constituency.
Positions and representations
- President Samskara Bharathi, Malleswaram
- Vice-president, Bharatiya Janata Party, Bangalore
- Convener, Doctors Cell, BJP, Karnataka
- Syndicate & Senate member, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Senate member, Bangalore University
- Other positions held
- Founder President, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Employees Association, Bangalore since 2000
- Chairman, Committee for drafting statutes for A&B, C&D cadre of employees of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences 2000-2002.
- "News The Hindu 17 October 2012". Thehindu.com. 2012-10-17. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- "News Deccan Herald 26 May 2012". Deccanherald.com. 2012-05-26. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- "Website Hindustan Pages". Hindustanpages.com. 2012-06-06. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- "Official website PIMS". Pims.in. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- Google Books. Books.google.co.in. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- Website Padmashree Group Archived 14 March 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Website Bharathiya Janatha Party". Bjpkarnataka.org. 2009-09-21. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- Website of Dr. C. N. Ashwathnarayan Archived 30 May 2012 at Archive.is
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to C.N. Ashwath Narayan.|