This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|No. of stores and services||100+|
|No. of anchor tenants||3|
|No. of floors||1|
Capitola Mall is a shopping mall located in Capitola, California. It was managed and owned by Macerich before being sold to Merlone Geier Partners in April 2016. The mall sits on the northern edge of the Monterey Bay in Santa Cruz County. Capitola Mall is located on 41st Avenue just off Highway 1 at Capitola Road in Capitola. Capitola Mall opened in 1977, and was renovated and expanded in 1988/89. It is the only enclosed regional shopping center in Santa Cruz County.
Opened in 1977, Capitola Mall was renovated and expanded in 1988/89 to comprise four department stores, and about 100 specialty shops and restaurants. In Spring 2002, Macy's replaced JCPenney, and joined the anchor mix of Harris Gottschalks, Mervyn's California and Sears. In 2008, Mervyn's closed and was replaced by Kohl's in 2009. Meanwhile, Gottschalks closed in 2009 and was replaced by Target. On August 22, 2018, Sears announced that its store would be closing as part of a plan to close 46 stores nationwide. The store will closed in November 2018. After the store closed, Macy’s, Kohl’s and Target are the remaining anchors left. The portion of the former Sears is expected to become TJ Maxx. A Takara Japanese restaurant is also an outparcel on the Seritage site.
Current department stores and anchors
Former department stores and anchors
- Harris (Opened 1989, converted into Gottschalks in 2000)
- Gottschalks (Opened 2000, closed 2009, replaced by Target in 2012)
- Mervyn's (Opened 1989, converted into Mervyn's California in 1995)
- Mervyn's California (Opened 1995, closed 2008, replaced by Kohl's in 2009)
- JCPenney (Closed 2001, converted into Macy's in 2002)
- Sears (Opened 1977, closed 2018)
- "Opening Brings Hundreds to Capitola Mall". Santacruzsentinel.com. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|