|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Capitola Mall is a shopping mall located in Capitola, California. It was managed and owned by Macerich before being sold to Merlone Geier Partners in April 2016. The mall sits on the northern edge of the Monterey Bay in Santa Cruz County. Capitola Mall is located on 41st Avenue just off Highway 1 at Capitola Road in Capitola. Capitola Mall opened in 1977, and was renovated and expanded in 1988/89. It is the only enclosed regional shopping center in Santa Cruz County.
Opened in 1977, Capitola Mall was renovated and expanded in 1988/89 to comprise four department stores, and about 100 specialty shops and restaurants. In Spring 2002, Macy's replaced JC Penney, and joined the anchor mix of Gottschalks, Mervyn's and Sears. In 2008, Mervyn's closed and was replaced by Kohl's in 2009. Meanwhile, Gottschalks closed in 2010 and is replaced by Target.
Anchors and majors
- Target (98,120 sq ft (9,116 m2))
- Macy's (101,597 sq ft (9,438.7 m2))
- Kohl's (75,000 sq ft (7,000 m2))
- Sears (115,000 sq ft (10,700 m2))
- "Target opening brings hundreds to Capitola Mall". Santa Cruz Sentinel. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- "Opening Brings Hundreds to Capitola Mall". Santacruzsentinel.com. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|