Carlton, Edmonton

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Carlton
Neighbourhood
Carlton is located in Edmonton
Carlton
Carlton
Location of Carlton in Edmonton
Coordinates: 53°37′19″N 113°33′36″W / 53.622°N 113.560°W / 53.622; -113.560
Country  Canada
Province  Alberta
City Edmonton
Quadrant[1] NW
Ward[1] 2
Sector[2] North
Area[3][4] The Palisades
Government[5]
 • Administrative body Edmonton City Council
 • Councillor Kim Krushell
Area[6]
 • Total 1.2 km2 (0.5 sq mi)
Elevation 686 m (2,251 ft)
Population (2012)[7]
 • Total 2,737
 • Density 2,280.8/km2 (5,907/sq mi)
 • Change (2009–12) Increase29.3%
 • Dwellings 1,386

Carlton is a residential neighbourhood in the Palisades area of north west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

According to the 2005 municipal census, the most common type of dwelling in the neighbourhood is the single-family dwelling. These account for roughly nine out of ten (88%) of all residences in the neighbourhood. The remaining one out of ten (12%) or residences are duplexes.[8] Virtually all (97%) the residences are owner-occupied.[9]

The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by 142 Street, on the north by 167 Avenue, and on the south by 153 Avenue. The boundary on the east is half a block west of 134 Street.

Demographics[edit]

In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Carlton had a population of 2,737 living in 1,386 dwellings,[7] a 29.3% change from its 2009 population of 2,117.[10] With a land area of 1.2 km2 (0.46 sq mi),[6] it had a population density of 2,280.8 people/km2 in 2012.[7][6]

Surrounding neighbourhoods[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  2. ^ "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  3. ^ "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  4. ^ "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  5. ^ "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013. 
  6. ^ a b c "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  7. ^ a b c "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 
  8. ^ Duplexes include triplexes and quadruplexes.
  9. ^ http://censusdocs.edmonton.ca/C05002/MUNICIPAL%202005/Neighbourhood/CARLTON.pdf
  10. ^ "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013. 

External links[edit]