Location of Chishtian Tehsil in Punjab, Pakistan
|• Type||Tehsil Municipal Administration|
|• Administrator||Arshad Sidhu|
|• Tehsil||1,500 km2 (600 sq mi)|
|• Density||460.814/km2 (1,193.50/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
Chistian Tehsil (Urdu: تحصیل چشتیاں) is a tehsil located in Bahawalnagar District, Punjab, Pakistan. The city of Chishtian is the headquarters of the tehsil which is administratively subdivided into 29 Union Councils.
HEALTH FACILITY :
There is one well established Tehsil Headquarter Hospital Chishtian, where all facilities of health care are available for public. Emergency department is open 24/7 for everyone,
Chishtian Tehsil has an area of 1,500 km2.
- Burewala Tehsil, Vehari District (north)
- Bahawalnagar Tehsil (northeast)
- Haroonabad Tehsil (southeast)
- Yazman Tehsil, Bahawalpur District (south)
- Hasilpur Tehsil, Bahawalpur District (west)
- Vehari Tehsil, Vehari District (northwest)
In June 2016, Tehsil Municipal Administration Chishtian employees staged a sit-in due to two months of non-payment.
- "Sit-in as TMA staff unpaid for 2 months". The Nation. Lahore, Pakistan: Nawa-i-Waqt. 2016-06-30. Retrieved 2018-05-06.
- "DISTRICT AND TEHSIL LEVEL POPULATION SUMMARY WITH REGION BREAKUP: PUNJAB" (PDF). Pakistan Bureau of Statistics. 2018-01-03. Retrieved 2018-04-24.
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Bahawalnagar - Government of Pakistan Archived 2012-02-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- "PLANNING REPORT BAHAWALNAGAR 2008" (PDF). Punjab Municipal Development Fund Company: Punjab Municipal Services Improvement Project (PMSIP). 2008. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "AREA & POPULATION OF ADMINISTRATIVE UNITS BY RURAL/URBAN: 1951-1998 CENSUSES" (PDF). Pakistan Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 2018-05-13.
- "PROVINCE WISE PROVISIONAL RESULTS OF CENSUS - 2017" (PDF). Pakistan Bureau of Statistics. 2017. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2018-05-02.