|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: CTEC|
|Sir Christopher Gent, Chairman
Paul Moraviec, CEO
|Products||Wound and skin care, ostomy care, continence and critical care, infusion devices|
|Revenue||US$1,688.3 million (2016)|
|US$154.0 million (2016)|
|US$(202.8) million (2016)|
Number of employees
ConvaTec Group plc is an international medical products and technologies company, offering products and services in the areas of wound and skin care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion devices. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The company was established as a division of E.R. Squibb & Sons, Inc. in 1978 and acquired by Nordic Capital and Avista Capital Partners in 2008. It acquired Unomedical, a manufacturer of single-use medical devices, in 2008 and 180 Medical, a catheter manufacturer, in 2012.
In June 2015 the company won a Court of Appeal ruling that determined that in the context of a patent "between 1% and 25%" should be interpreted rounding to the nearest 1%, so that an attempt to circumvent a patent by using the value 0.9% failed. In October 2016 the company was valued at £4.4bn in the largest initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange in the year.
The company has 9,000 employees and operates in more than 100 countries.
- "Annual Report 2016" (PDF). ConvaTec. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "ConvaTec valued at £4.4bn in biggest London listing this year". The Independent. 26 October 2016. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "ConvaTec to raise $1.8bn through London IPO". Financial Times. 3 October 2016. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "ConvaTec Completes Acquisition of Unomedical". Biospace. 3 September 2008. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "ConvaTec snags catheter maker for $321M". Fierce Biotech. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "What exactly does 'one' mean? Court of Appeal passes judgement on thorny mathematical issue". The Independent. 27 June 2015. Retrieved 3 December 2016.