|Industry||Online food ordering|
|Founded||Boston, United States (2009)|
Number of employees
DASHED delivers for roughly 700 restaurants in Baltimore, Boston, Hoboken, New Haven, Philadelphia, and Providence with approximately 108 employees on staff. Restaurants pay DASHED a 30 percent commission to make their deliveries.
In 2013, DASHED rolled out a fleet of electric Smart cars for its delivery drivers. According to the Boston Globe, as of November, DASHED has a total of 12 company SmartCars, which are available for rent to an approved pool of drivers for $15 per 8-hour shift. The microcar rental fleet is only available in Boston.
The company partners exclusively with Foodler for online ordering. It expanded to Baltimore in April 2013, adding 50 restaurants that don’t have their own delivery staff, including P.F. Chang's.
Operating in eight cities, DASHED uses a mix of bikes, scooters and automobiles to deliver food from 9:30 a.m. to 12:45 a.m. seven days a week. About 25% of their orders are delivered by bike & scooter. According to BostInno, DASHED brings its participating restaurants an average of $2,000 in new delivery sales per week, and some restaurants have dropped their own delivery service to hire DASHED.
DASHED introduced a 45-minute Christmas tree delivery service in Boston, which included trees, tree stands, garland, wreaths, and poinsettias. The program was popular with corporate clients, with daily deliveries to the Prudential Center.
In 2014, DASHED was named the leading restaurant delivery service in the Northeast by Inc. Magazine. It was also ranked one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. for the second year in a row by the same publication, one of Entrepreneur Magazine's Top 30 Companies to Watch, and the Best in Biz Silver award winner for Fastest Growing Company in the country.
- The 2014 Inc. 5000 List. Inc Magazine. http://www.inc.com/profile/dashed
- Landry, Lauren. BostInno (2012). Forget Chopping Down Trees: DASHED Delivers Christmas Straight To Your Door in 45 Minutes'. http://bostinno.streetwise.co/all-series/christmas-tree-delivery-service-get-a-christmas-tree-delivered-in-boston/#ss__267434_1_0__ss Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "bostinno.streetwise_a" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- Landry, Lauren. "Dash Deliveries: Bringing Boston's Best Food To Your Doorstep in 45 Minutes or Less". Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "SPONSORED: DASHED Delivery". Brown Daily Herald. November 17, 2012.
- Spors, Kelly. OPEN Forum (2014). 'What Starbucks’ New Delivery Service Means for Local Businesses'. 'https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/openforum/articles/starbucks-new-delivery-service-means-local-businesses/'
- Burt, Helm. "How I Turned My Bicycle into a $4.6 Million Business". INC. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Borchers, Callum. Boston Globe (2013)."Takeout delivery company Dashed rolls out a rental car fleet for drivers". http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/11/09/takeout-delivery-company-dashed-rolls-out-rental-car-fleet-for-drivers/UOqeyrbvUkisi7DtBWMnFI/story.html'
- Mehan, Sarah. "http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/blog/charm-city-flavor/2013/04/foodler-online-food-service-baltimore.html". American City Business Journals. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Landry, Lauren. "13 Local Student- & Alumni-Run Startups Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping". Bostinno. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Inc. Magazine'Best Advice I Ever Got: Train to Win. Inc. Magazine. 'http://www.inc.com/young-entrepreneur-council/best-advice-i-ever-got-train-to-win.html'
- Top 30 Startups to Watch. Entrepreneur Magazine. http://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/237370
- Best in Biz 2014 Award Winners. Best In Biz. http://www.bestinbizawards.com/2014-winners-company/