|• Mayor||Lu Shuitian|
|• Total||87.3925 km2 (33.7424 sq mi)|
|Population (January 2016)|
|• Density||980/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
Dayuan District (Chinese: 大園區; pinyin: Dàyuán Qū), formerly known as Dayuan Township (Chinese: 大園鄉; pinyin: Dàyuán Xiāng) is a rural, coastal district in northwestern Taoyuan City, Taiwan (Republic of China).
Dayuan District was originally named Toa-khu-hng (Chinese: 大坵園; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Toā-khu-hn̂g). It was changed to Ōsono Village (大園庄?) during Japanese rule, and it was part of Tōen District, Shinchiku Prefecture. After the handover of Taiwan from Japan to the Republic of China, it was called Dayuan Township. It became Dayuan District in 2014, when Taoyuan County and the city of Taoyuan merged into a special municipality.
The population in 1986 was 56,995. By the end of May 2006, the total population had grown to 79,812, an average growth rate of 2.03%. It is considered a slow population growing district.
Dayuan District has an inclining topography from southwest to northwest with an average height of 35 meters above sea level. Inland area are mostly plains, rice fields or spacious flat lands, while in the northeast part is the prolonged sand beach seacoast.
The district lies in the subtropic monsoon climate region. In winter, northwest monsoon is stronger and in the coldest months, the average temperature is about 11 °C. In summer, it rains a lot but it is free from droughts during the winter seasons.
The district consists of 18 villages and 407 neighborhoods. The villages are:
- Dahai Village
- Dayuan Village
- Guolin Village
- Haikou Village
- Hengfong Village
- Heping Village
- Houcuo Village
- Jhuwei Village
- Nangang Village
- Neihai Village
- Peikang Village
- Pusin Village
- Sanshih Village
- Shalun Village
- Sihai Village
- Tiansin Village
- Wucyuan Village
- Zuntou Village
On Friday, March 26, 2010, China Airlines moved into its new headquarters, CAL Park, on the grounds of Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport and in Dayuan District. Evergreen Airlines Services Corporation, Evergreen Aviation Technologies Corp., and Evergreen Air Cargo Services Corporation, subsidiaries of Evergreen Group, are headquartered in Dayuan.
The main agriculture products of the district are paddy rice, watermelons, crops, vegetables, peanuts etc. To improve the agriculture industry, various innovations have been introduced in the area, such as the plantation of various types of flowers and plants for export and import markets, plantation of green onions and the development of shelf network of room vegetables and other crops.
Fishery products are mostly in the irrigated ponds with a lot of grass carps, silver carps, carps, tilapia etc. The fishing port also is the biggest one in Taoyuan County with the capacity of accommodating 50 ships in the interior part and 100 ships in the exterior part. Main fish species including pomfrets, sharks and mullets.
The district houses the Dayuan Specialized Industry Park, Dayuan Extended Industry Park and Chun-Fa Industry Park. The main industries including chemical products, leather products, dyes, papermaking, metal, textiles, electronic and electric appliances manufacturing, food processing etc.
The main commerce industry is retailing business, such as department stores, restaurants, silver-goods shops, furniture, electric appliances, finance, automobiles, motorcycles, gas stations, parking lots etc.
The district is home to one private senior high school, two public junior high schools 12 public elementary schools, 17 public nursery schools, 11 private nursery schools, 3 private kindergartens. It also houses one district library and one community library.
The district is served by National Highway No. 2. Bus station in the district is Dayuan Bus Station of Taoyuan Bus.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dayuan District, Taoyuan.|
- "Profile". Dayuan Township. Archived from the original on 2011-10-09. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Taoyuan County Government - Dayuan Township". Tycg.gov.tw. 2014-01-04. Archived from the original on 2014-04-21. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "History". Dayuan Township. Archived from the original on 2011-10-09. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "桃園縣大園鄉公所". Dayuan.twgov.info. 2012-02-06. Archived from the original on 2014-05-05. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "move.htm." China Airlines. Retrieved on March 15, 2010. "Welcome to CAL Park! China Airlines new headquarters is now located at NO.1, HangZhan S. Rd., DayuanTownship, Taoyuan County 33758, Taiwan (R.O.C). For inquiries, please call 886-3-399-8888."
- "China Airlines Inaugurates CAL Park at Taoyuan Airport Archived March 29, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.." China Airlines. March 26, 2010. Retrieved on March 26, 2010.
- "Contact Us." Evergreen Aviation Technologies Corp. Retrieved on September 29, 2009.
- "Contact Us." Evergreen Airlines Services Corporation. Retrieved on September 29, 2009.
- "Company Location." Evergreen Air Cargo Services Corporation. Retrieved on September 29, 2009.
- "桃園縣大園鄉公所-Profile". Dayuan.twgov.info. 2012-02-06. Archived from the original on 2014-05-05. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "Basic Information". Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport. Archived from the original on 2010-06-27. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- Dayuan District (Chinese)
- "Administrative Districts". 高雄市政府. 30 September 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2017.