||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article does not cite any sources. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||18 January 1918
|Died||16 March 1945 (aged 27)
|Years of service||1939–45|
|Unit||SS Division Wiking|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Fritz Biegi (18 January 1918 – 16 March 1945) was a Standartenoberjunker in the Waffen SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, an award for extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership by Nazi Germany during World War II.
Biegi volunteered to join the SS-VT in April 1938 and was posted to SS Standarte Germania. In 1939 Biegi took part in the Polish Campaign and the Battle of France and was promoted to Unterscharführer in July 1941. He took part in Operation Barbarossa the invasion of the Soviet Union and was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class in July 1941, the Iron Cross 1st class in October 1942. In October 1943 he was posted the 9th SS Panzer Grenadier Regiment Germania. Biegi was awarded the Knight's Cross for his actions in February 1944. In March 1945 he was posted to the staff of the 18th SS Volunteer Panzergrenadier Division "Horst Wessel". He was killed in action on 16 March 1945.
- Iron Cross (1939)
- Infantry Assault Badge (18 February 1942)
- Close Combat Clasp in Bronze (1 April 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 16 June 1944 as SS-Oberscharführer and Zugführer (platoon leader) in the 5./SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 9 "Germania"
- Mitcham, Samuel W (2007). Retreat to the Reich : the German defeat in France, 1944. Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole Books. ISBN 978-0-8117-3384-7.
- Mitcham, Samuel W (2007). The German Defeat in the East, 1944–45. Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole Books. ISBN 978-0-8117-3371-7.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz; Wegmann, Günter (1992). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Teil III: Infanterie Band 2: Bi–Bo [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the German Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Part III: Infantry Volume 2: Bi–Bo] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-1734-3.