|Industry||Food & Beverage|
|Headquarters||Chadstone, Melbourne, Australia|
Number of locations
|Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Chile, Estonia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Namibia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan and The United Kingdom.|
|Jeff Allis (CEO/Co-Founder),
Janine Allis (Founder),
Geoff Harris (Director of Board),
|Products||Juices & Smoothies|
Boost Juice Bars is an international chain of retail outlets that specialise in selling fruit juice. Boost Juice Bars was formed in 2000 with the first store located in Adelaide, South Australia. The company has expanded internationally with stores in Asia, Europe, Russia and the Middle East through franchising.
The founder of Boost Juice Bars, Janine Allis, noticed the fad of the juice bar when on holiday in the United States in 1999. With her husband, Janine Allis decided to bring the idea to Australia. In 2000, Allis opened her first Boost Juice Bar in King William Street, Adelaide while she was on maternity leave. At the end of 2004, Boost Juice had 175 stores operating across Australia and New Zealand.
In May 2006, Boost Juice Bars ceased operations in New Zealand after the franchiser (which operated all the New Zealand stores) was put into liquidation. The stores were sold to Tank Juice who are now operating them under the Tank brand.
In 2007, the founders of Millies Cookies, Richard O'Sullivan and Mario Budwig, signed an agreement with Boost Juice Bars to launch the brand in the United Kingdom. By the end of the year, the company had also expanded into Chile, Kuwait, Singapore, Indonesia and, most recently, Thailand.
Between 2009 and 2012, a Boost store operated in China, but it was plagued by problems—the store opening was delayed, the shop-fit was average and the product was not as good as expected.
In 2010 Riverside Company bought a 65% stake in the Boost Investment Group, paying around $65 million for the share. That year, Boost Juice launched "Boost the way you feel" rebranding to mark its 10th anniversary. Allis also participated in the Channel Ten TV show Undercover Boss.
In 2011, Boost Juice signed a franchise agreement for India.
Awards and acclaims
- MyBusiness Readers Choice Award
- Telstra Business Woman of the Year
- Telstra Business Owner National Award Winner
- AMEX Franchisor of the Year
- BRW Fastest Growing Franchise
- Price Waterhouse Coopers Franchisor of the Year award – VIC
- Governor of Victoria Export Awards – Commendation
- Highly Commended – Supreme Award for Best Retailer
- National Retailers Association Awards – Bank of Queensland Franchise Award
- National Retailers Association Awards – Supreme Reward for Best Retailer
- "A boost is born!". Boost Juice Bars. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "Study Kit 2008/2009" (PDF). Boost Juice Bars. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- Dabkowski, Stephen (15 July 2003). "Boost Juice blends a success that's overflowing". The Age. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 25 March 2010.
- Kermond, Clare (3 December 2009). "From little things, given a Boost, big things grow". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 23 June 2012.
- O'Neill, Rob (14 December 2004). "Small tricks, big business". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 29 October 2015.
- "Boost finds fresh owner in New Tank". New Zealand Herald. 10 May 2008. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- Bond, Georgina (9 May 2006). "Smoothies: the new coffee wars?". BBC News. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "Australian Boost Juice Launches in UK". Easier. 15 March 2007. Archived from the original on 23 July 2008.
- "Nestlé and Boost Juice Bars launch Boosted Smoothies range". Talking Retail. 8 April 2008. Archived from the original on 19 August 2010.
- Bleby, Michael (17 December 2012). "Boost Juice to try China again". Business Review Weekly. Archived from the original on 5 January 2015.
- Greenblat, Eli (3 May 2010). "Boost Juice sells majority stake for $65m". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 18 April 2015.
- "Boost ad tells customers: Smile, it won't kill you". mUmBRELLA. 1 November 2010. Archived from the original on 21 November 2012.
- "Boost Juice boss goes undercover for tv". Franchise Business. 1 November 2010. Archived from the original on 29 October 2015.
- Yeap, Sue (1 November 2010). "Undercover Boss visits Perth woman". Yahoo!7 News. Archived from the original on 29 October 2015.
- Greenblat, Eli (27 September 2011). "Boost Juice takes on India". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 26 December 2014.
- "Boost Juice Bars polots major global expansion". Bandt. 23 April 2007. Archived from the original on 31 August 2010. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "New look Boost Juice ready to expand". Smart Company. 11 September 2007. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "Speaker Biographies". Retail World. 29 June 2009. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "The Growth of Boost Juice Bars". Franchise Expo. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "Boost Juice Franchise Profile". Inside Franchising. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "Export award acknowledges the growth of Aconex". Victoria. 11 October 2006. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
- "ARA 2007 Victorian Awards Program – Melbourne". Retail. 18 September 2007. Retrieved 24 June 2009.