Location of Jhenaidah in Bangladesh
|• Total||1,964.77 km2 (758.60 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|• Density||900/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
|Website||Official Website Website|
Jhenaidah (Bengali: ঝিনাইদহ) is a district in southwestern Bangladesh. It is a part of the Khulna Division. It is an area 1964.77 km². It is bordered by the Kushtia District to the north, to the south by Jessore District and West Bengal (India), to the east by Rajbari District and Magura District and to the west by Chuadanga District and West Bengal (India) on the west.
Annual average temperature: maximum 37.1°C, minimum 11.2°C; annual rainfall 1467 mm
Administrator of Zila Porishod: Advocate Abdul Wahed Zoarder 
Deputy Commissioner (DC): Md. Safiqul Islam 
Mayor of Municipality: Saidul Karim Mintu 
There are six upazilas under this district:
- Jhenaidah Sadar Upazila
- Maheshpur Upazila (Bengali: মহেশপুর)
- Kaliganj Upazila
- Kotchandpur Upazila
- Shailkupa Upazila
- Harinakunda Upazila
Jhenaidah govt K.C College, Govt Nurunahar Mohila College, Jhenaidah Govt. Polytechnic Institute, Jhenaidah Cadet College, Hazi Arshad Ali Degree College, Jhenaidah Govt Boys High School, Jhenaidah Govt Girls High School, Kanchan Nagore Model High School, Jhenaidah College, Shishukunjo High School and College, Govt Lalon Shah College, Richaran Tarinicharan College.Maolanabad High School, kalukhale modhupur high school, A & J college Ramnogor, Berbari High School.
The district is predominately Muslim, 89.6%. The next largest religion is Hinduism with 10.3%.
- Birshrestha Hamidur Rahman (Liberation war martyr):Hamidur Rahman was born on 2 February 1953 in Khardo Khalishpur village under Moheshpur police station of the Jhenaidah district
- Nur-E-Alam siddique(Ex MP),freedom fighter
- Md.Abdul Hyee(Former State-Minister,freedom fighter)
- Shafiqul Islam Opu(Ex Mp)
- Prof. DR.Mumtazur Rahman [Dept.of English in IUBAT university]
- Prof. Zillur Rahman Siddiqui [ex V.C Jahangirnagar University(1976-1984)]
- Late Dr. M. Aminul Islam,(Bakarba,Shailkupa),ex vice chancellor, Bangladesh Open University
- Dr. A K M Shameem Alam, Agricultural Scientist, Born in Jhenaidah Sadar
- Late Dr. K.Ahmed, Founder Chairman, Jhenidah Municipality
- Late Monowara Khatun, Educationist, Human rights worker, Ex Head Mistress, Jhenidah Govt Girls' High School
- Late Freedom Fighter Capt. Karimuddin Ahmed, Principal, Jhenidah Cadet College
- Social Activist Mahmudul Hasan (Shekhpara)
- Sir Dr. Jamal Nazrul Islam, Mathematical Physicist and Cosmologist
- Eng. Firazul Alam Takan(Naldanga) Founder Samsul alam khan Foundation and Madrasah
- Mahfuz Ahmed (Naldanga) Founder bitSoft and Social Aid Foundation
- Md.Shamim Hossain Mailmary (shailkupa Upazila)
- Md. Mohiuddin, Author(Higher Secondary Computer Shikha) Computer Programmer (Anan City Garden) Kabirpur, Sailkupa, Jhenidah. Now Canadian Citizen.
- Dr. M. A. Mazid; M.Pharm, Ph.D. (Rishkhali, Harinakunda), Educationistm, Pharmacist (http://www.drmazid.com)
- মরমী কবি পাগলা কানাই, বেড়বাড়ি, ঝিনাইদহ।
- Late Muhammed Ali Ansary, Ex President, Jhenidah Press Club, Lawyer & Social reformist
- Iqbal Anwarul Islam, Narrator of Notable Filmmaker Zahir Raihan's 'Stop Genocide' and former MLA
- Roads & Highways:
Dhaka-Paturia (Manikgonj)-Rajbari-Faridpur-Magura-Jhenidah-Jessore-Khulna-Port of Mongla;
- Naldanga Temple Complex:, in the jhenaidah Upazilla, is a temple complex built in 1656 by Maharaj Indranarayan Debroy. There are a total of six temples now. The government restored all of them in 1980 but they were destroyed again during the riot and now most of them are in ruins. Renovations are still going on. The idol of goddess Kali was from Banaras, India. Buses to Kaliganj are easily available from Jessore. Naldanga can be reached by rickshaw or easy bike or Motor cycel from Kaliganj.
- Dhol Samudra Dighi, Baribathan: A huge pond attracts many visitors. The pond with its historical past is located 4 km away from main city
- Poura Park: Situated in the Hossain Saheed Surwarrdi road.
- মিঞার দালান, মুরারিদহ: It is the house of Salim Chowdhury(called as 'Mia's dalan') at Muraridah, 3 km away from Jhenaidah. It is a building situated around 200 years old.
- মহান মুক্তিযুদ্ধে পাকবাহিনীর সাথে প্রথম সম্মুখসমরের ঐতিহ্যবাহী বিষয়খালি সেতু
- Balidapara Kali Mondir * Balidapara Holy Cemetery Place*Mobarakgonj Sugar Mill, Kaligonj: Mobarakgonj Sugar Mill was set up by the Government in 1968.
- Neel Kuthi: Established during the East India Company rule in 1847, construction of this 'Neel Kuthi' at Hat Khalishpur Bazar at in Jhenidah, by the Kapotakkho River took place.
- Baro Bazar: This is the place of ancient mosques and temples. Several mosques and temples can be found in one road at Baro Bazar.Gazi kalur chompa botir Mazar, Gora Mosjid (Mosque), Sako bazar mosjid and more than 10 other mosjid (mosque)and more than 5 big dighi (pond) are found in Baro Bazar of Kaligonj Upazilla.
- Bulu Deouan er Mazar is a remarkable place in Kaligonj Upazilla.
- The Gunjanath temple dates back at 17th century is also in Kaliganj. It can be reached from Naldanga.
- Mallikpur banyan tree: The largest bannyan tree of Asia is situated in kaligonj Upazilla. However, there is no such existence at present. Only a portion of that big banyan tree can be seen.
- The Gunjanath temple: It dates back at 17th century is also in Kaliganj. It can be reached from Naldanga.
- Kolika Doha: It is another remarkable place situated in Naldanga, 300 miter distance from Naldanga Temple Complex.
- Jhenaidah Cadet College:
- Shrine of Pagla Kanai:
- Datanagor Agricultural Project,
- Shyalakupa Sahi Mosque:
- Shiddeshary Kali Mondir:
- Home of K P Bose:
- Home of Poet Golam Mostafa:
- Shailkupa Ramgopal Temple:
- Graveyard of Shiraj Shai
- Fakir Lalon Shai er Vita:
- Prothom Alo (National)
- The Daily Kaler kantho (National)
- Daily Samakal (National)
- The Daily Janakantha(National)
Daily Jugantor (National)
- Sonali Bank
- Agrani Bank
- Grameen Bank
- Rupali Bank
- Janata Bank
- Islami Bank Bangladesh Ltd
- Dutch Bangla Bank
- BASIC Bank Limited
- United Commercial Bank Limited
- BRAC Bank
- "Jhenaidah (District (Zila))". Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- BM Rezaul Karim (2012). "Jhenaidah District". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Jhenaidah District Information
- Amit Biswas live in jhenaidha
- Map of Jhenaidah District
- 0105.HTM Jhenaidah District
- Ahmed, Anis. "Landslides and floods kill nearly 100 in Bangladesh". www.tiscali.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-06-26.