Location of Jhenaidah in Bangladesh
|• Total||1,964.77 km2 (758.60 sq mi)|
|Population (2011 census)|
|• Density||900/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||BST (UTC+6)|
Jhenaidah (Bengali: ঝিনাইদহ) is a district in southwestern Bangladesh. It is a part of the Khulna Division. It is an area 1964.77 km². It is bordered by the Kushtia District to the north, to the south by Jessore District and West Bengal (India), to the east by Rajbari District and Magura District and to the west by Chuadanga District and West Bengal (India) on the west.
Annual average temperature: maximum 37.1 °C, minimum 11.2 °C; annual rainfall 1467 mm
Administrator of Zila Porishod: Advocate Abdul Wahed Zoarder 
Mayor of Municipality: Saidul Karim Mintu 
There are six upazilas under this district:
- Jhenaidah Sadar Upazila
- Maheshpur Upazila (www.maheshpur.info)
- Kaliganj Upazila
- Kotchandpur Upazila
- Shailkupa Upazila
- Harinakunda Upazila
- Jhenaidah Govt Boys High School
- Jhenaidah Govt Girls High School
- Jhenaidah govt K.C College
- Jhenaidah Cadet College
- Jhenaidah Kanchannagar Model High School and College
- Jhenaidah IHT
- Jhenaidah Technical School And College (JTSC)
The district is predominately Muslim, 89.6%. The next largest religion is Hinduism with 10.3%.
- Birshrestha Hamidur Rahman, National hero, a sepoy in Bangladesh Army during the Bangladesh Liberation War
- Abdul Hyee also known as Md.Abdul Hyee, a member of parliament, freedom fighter and commander during the Bangladesh Liberation War
- Jamal Nazrul Islam, a Bangladeshi mathematical physicist and cosmologist
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jhenaidah District.|
- "Jhenaidah (District (Zila))". Retrieved 2013-05-03.
- BM Rezaul Karim (2012). "Jhenaidah District". In Sirajul Islam and Ahmed A. Jamal. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- Map of Jhenaidah District
- Ahmed, Anis. "Landslides and floods kill nearly 100 in Bangladesh". www.tiscali.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-06-26.