Among the herbs and spices used in khmeli suneli are: coriander, dill, basil, bay leaf, marjoram, blue fenugreek, parsley, safflower or saffron, black pepper, celery, thyme, hyssop, mint, and hot pepper.
A recipe by Aliza Green  is provided below:
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons dried summer savory
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons coriander seed
- 1 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried ground marigold petals
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 crushed bay leaves
Blend all ingredients in a dry grinder or coffee grinder.
- The Silk Road Gourmet: Western and Southern Asia, Laura Kelley, p. 59
- Recipe for Khmeli suneli. http://www.chow.com/recipes/10587-khmeli-suneli . Accessed 2012-02-22.
|This Georgian cuisine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This spice mix-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|