Lincolnville GO Station
|Location||6840 Bethesda Road,
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Station code||GO Transit: LCGO|
Lincolnville GO Station is a train and bus station in the GO Transit network located in Whitchurch–Stouffville, Ontario in Canada. Lincolnville is the northeastern terminus of train service on the Stouffville line.
The station opened on September 2, 2008 after some delay; it had initially been projected to open the preceding June. The station was referred to by the provisional name of Stouffville North before adopting the Lincolnville name and LCGO code partway through construction.
Lincolnville station was built to relieve the line's previous terminus, Stouffville GO Station located in Stouffville proper, which could not expand its parking and had limited bus interchange capabilities. Constructed next to the existing Stouffville layover facility at 10th Line and Bethesda Road., Lincolnville station cost $5.5m and extended passenger service approximately 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) further from Union Station in Toronto. The station's park-and-ride catchment includes much of the municipality of Uxbridge, and it is seen a precursor to eventual GO Train service to the townsite of Uxbridge proper. In 2010–2011, 410 additional parking spots will be built as well as a bus storage facility and crew centre.
Historically, Lincolnville is the name of a hamlet which was located at the corner of Bloomington Road and Highway 47 (Old Concession 10 Road), divided between the townships of Uxbridge to the east and Whitchurch to the west.
- "Lincolnville GO station opening in September". Stouffville Sun-Tribune. July 7, 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-29.
- Hayward, Jeff (March 21, 2008). "Uxbridge GO station on track for June". Uxbridge News-Journal. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- "Accessibility Plan 2008" (PDF). GO Transit. September 2007. p. 30. Retrieved 2007-12-02.[dead link]
- "Stations and Stops - Lincolnville". GO Transit. 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- Cf. Stouffville Sun-Tribune, More Parking in Stouffville, September 29, 2010.
- For a brief account of Lincolnville's early history, cf. Jean Barkey et al., Whitchurch Township (Erin, ON: Boston Mills, 1993), 108–109. See also the detailed 1878 historical map: Township of Whitchurch, Illustrated historical atlas of the county of York and the township of West Gwillimbury & town of Bradford in the county of Simcoe, Ont. (Toronto: Miles & Co., 1878).
- Media related to Lincolnville GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Lincolnville GO Station