Unionville GO Station
|Location||155 YMCA Boulevard
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections|| GO Bus
|Structure type||Station building with public washroom and waiting room|
|Station code||GO Transit: UVGO|
Unionville GO Station is a train and bus station in the GO Transit network located in Markham, Ontario, Canada. It is a stop on the Stouffville commuter railway line. This station is also served by Highway 407 East Express buses, which run westbound to York University, northbound to Mount Joy GO Station, and eastbound to the Oshawa Bus Terminal.
Old Unionville Station
The original Unionville Station was built in 1871 by the Toronto and Nipissing Railway, and was used by GO Transit from 1982 to 1991. GO train service ended at the station on Friday May 3, 1991 and service began at the current GO station the following Monday, May 6.
The old station building has been restored and now used as a community centre. Like Markham GO Station, this station features classic Canadian Railway Style with elements of Vernacular Carpenter Gothic architecture of the 19th Century.
The station was built in 1991 to replace the old Unionville Station on Main Street Unionville. GO Trains stopped at the old station from 1982 to 1991. The newer station was renovated and re-opened in April 2005 and accessed by a service road from Kennedy Road north of Highway 407.
Unionville Station is also served by York Region's Viva bus rapid transit system. Bus service began on 16 October 2005, with buses stopping near Kennedy Road at the railway station. Unionville Station is the eastern terminus of peak services on the Viva Pink services to Richmond Hill Centre and Finch Station.
Because the nearby Enterprise Drive was not finished when Viva services in the area began, this station served as a temporary Vivastation for the Viva Purple line until 19 November 2005, with both Viva Purple and Viva Green buses having to go on a detour on Highway 407 nearby. Viva Pink services were added on 2 January 2006.
Although this is the eastern terminus station for the Viva Pink line, there are no multiRide ticket vending machines - only oneRide ticket vending machines.
Connecting bus routes
- 52 407 East (Oshawa-York University)
- 54 407 East (Markham-York University) (Weekdays only)
- 70 Stouffville (Provides connections further along the line to/from trains that start/stop at Unionville)
- 71 Stouffville ("Train-bus" for Stouffville Line when trains do not operate)
York Region Transit
- 8 Kennedy
- 42 Berczy (Rush Hour only)
- 202 Unionville GO Shuttle
- 204 Berczy GO Shuttle
- Viva Pink (Rush Hour only)
- Viva Green (board at nearby Enterprise vivastation)
- Viva Purple (board at nearby Enterprise vivastation)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
- "Unionville GO Station— TRAIN & BUS STATION". GO Transit. Retrieved 8 July 2014.
- Media related to Unionville GO Station at Wikimedia Commons
- GO Transit station page for Unionville GO Station