Cooksville GO Station
|Location||3210 Hurontario Street
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Structure type||Brick station building|
|Station code||GO Transit: CKGO|
|Opened||October 27, 1981|
|Rebuilt||2018–2020 (in progress)|
Cooksville GO Station is a GO Transit train and bus station the Milton line in the community of Cooksville in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. It is located at 3210 Hurontario Street, near Dundas and Hurontario Streets. The future Hurontario LRT will connect to this station.
Like most GO stations, Cooksville has parking for commuters and a station building with a ticket sales agent and a waiting room. It is located near several condominium complexes, which provides ridership on the Milton Line. The 1400-space parking lot allows access to those who live closer to Mississauga City Centre to use the station.
The GO Station is served by seven trains inbound to Union Station in the morning rush hour and seven trains outbound to Milton during the evening rush hour. There is also the Train-Bus during off-peak hours, and a bus service to the University of Guelph via Square One Bus Terminal and Aberfoyle Park & Ride.
Despite growing ridership on the Milton line, GO cannot schedule additional trains because of the busy Canadian Pacific Railway freight services running on the same tracks. Trains were extended from ten to twelve carriages in a phased roll-out between April 8, 2008 and May 2, 2008 in order to increase capacity, and congestion is alleviated somewhat by the extensive train-bus services outside of rush periods.
Repairs to the platforms and pedestrian tunnels began in October 2014 and was completed by the spring of 2015.
Beginning in 2018, Cooksville GO will be demolished and replaced by a new facility. The new station will include a parking structure, improved pedestrian access, and a connection to the future Hurontario LRT. Construction is expected to be completed by 2020.
- 28 Confederation
- 91 Hillcrest–Cooksville GO
- Artuso, Antonella (April 21, 2015). "New LRT will connect Mississauga and Brampton". Toronto Sun. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "Schedule 29 - University of Guelph GO Bus" (PDF). GO Transit. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- Garcia, Daniel; Bow, James (2010-08-29). "GO Transit's Milton line". Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "UofGuelph to Cooksville GO Train users: Milton line now has 12 car trains starting today". GOKW.org. 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- Bruce, Debbie (2008-10-14). "Spirit Train brings Olympic message to town". The Mississauga News. Retrieved 2011-09-19.
- "Modernizing Stations – Cooksville GO Station". GO Transit. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
- "Cooksville GO Station construction alert". GO Transit. Metrolinx. Retrieved January 7, 2018.
- "Cooksville GO terminal stops" (PDF). Mississauga. October 26, 2015. Retrieved April 30, 2016.
Media related to Cooksville GO Station at Wikimedia Commons