List of British Chinese people
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part of a series on|
|African and Afro-Caribbean|
To be included in this list, the person must have a Wikipedia article showing they are British Chinese or must have references showing they are British Chinese and are notable.
- Kevin Fong, professor of medicine, UCL academic.
- Charles K. Kao, KBE, Nobel Prize in Physics, pioneer in the development and use of fibre-optics in telecommunications
- Kae Alexander, actress
- Leah Bracknell, actress and yoga teacher, Eurasian, English father and Chinese-Malaysian mother
- Gemma Chan, actress
- Julia Chan, actress
- Lobo Chan, actor
- Maggie Cheung, actress
- Tsai Chin, actress and singer, first Chinese Bond girl
- Vera Chok, actress
- Christina Chong, actress
- China Chow, actress and model
- Paul Courtenay Hyu, actor, writer and Elvis impersonator, Eurasian
- Linda Louise Duan, actress
- Jon Foo, actor and wushu martial artist
- Mona Hammond, actress
- Jessica Henwick, actress, Eurasian
- Sandrine Holt, Canadian actress
- Burt Kwouk, actor
- Pui Fan Lee, actress and television presenter
- Katie Leung, actress
- Jessie Mei Li, actress
- Jennifer Lim, actress
- Pik-Sen Lim, actress
- Jing Lusi, actress
- Jane March, actress, Eurasian
- Max Minghella, actor, Eurasian
- Carl Ng, actor, Eurasian
- Suan-Li Ong actress-model
- Colin Ryan, actor, Eurasian
- Marli Siu, actress, Eurasian
- Jessica Sula, actress
- Elaine Tan, actress
- Elizabeth Tan, actress
- Lewis Tan, actor and martial artist
- Jason Tobin, actor
- Rhydian Vaughan, actor, Eurasian
- Benedict Wong, actor
- Jason Wong, actor
- Sophie Wu, actress, Eurasian
- Tom Wu, actor
- David Yip, actor, Eurasian
- George Young, actor and writer, Eurasian
- Ric Young, actor
- Crystal Yu, actress
- Ozzie Yue, actor and singer
Art and design
- Suki Chan, British Chinese artist
- Stanley Chow, artist and illustrator
- Aowen Jin, British Chinese artist and social commentator
- Qu Lei Lei, artist and calligrapher
- Cary Kwok, artist
- Chris Liu, fashion designer
- Beatrix Ong, luxury fashion accessory and shoe designer
- Gok Wan, fashion consultant and television presenter
- Andrew Ng, co-founder of education technology company Coursera, director of Stanford University's Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Sir David Tang, founder of fashion chain Shanghai Tang, socialite and writer
- Woon Wing Yip, founder of the British Chinese supermarket chain Wing Yip
- Mi Gao Huang Chen, takeaway owner who was murdered in 2005
- Ching-He Huang, food broadcaster and food writer
- Nancy Lam, chef
- Willian "Bill" Poon, chef and restaurateur
- Alan Yau, restaurateur, founder of Wagamama, Hakkasan and Yauatcha
- Michael Chow, British-American restaurateur
- Kim-Joy, baker, cookbook author, and finalist in the ninth series of The Great British Bake Off of Chinese Malaysian descent
- Ayi Jihu, singer
- Zilan Liao, guzheng, concert harp and director of Pagoda arts
- Jason Lai, orchestral conductor
- Herman Li, of the power metal band DragonForce
- Melvyn Tan, classical pianist
- Jasmine Thompson, singer
- Matt Tong, drummer of indie rock bands Bloc Party and Algiers
- Fou Ts'ong, pianist
- KT Tunstall, musician
- Vanessa-Mae, violinist
- Jamie Woon, dubstep artist
- Raymond Yiu, composer
- Cheng Yu, pipa and guqin musician
- Guo Yue, dizi and bawu musician
- Michael Chan, Baron Chan, politician, life peer in the House of Lords
- Steven Dominique Cheung, Diana Award winner, youngest candidate for the European Election in 2009, DJ of Spectrum Radio and SW1 Radio
- Alan Mak, Member of Parliament for Havant since 2015, first British Chinese member of the House of Commons
- Sarah Owen, Member of Parliament for Luton North
- Nat Wei, Baron Wei, social entrepreneur, former government advisor and member of the House of Lords
- Eden Cheng, British diver
- Joe Choong, British Olympic gold-medal winning pentathlete
- Sammy Chung, only person of Chinese descent to manage an English football league club
- Brian Moore, former English rugby union rugby player.
- Emma Raducanu, British tennis player
- Frank Soo, first player of Chinese descent to play in the Football League, and the first non-white player to represent England
- Alex Hua Tian, Olympic event rider, gave up his British Citizenship in order to compete in the 2008 Beijing Olympics as part of the Chinese team
- Rory Underwood, former English rugby union rugby player; Eurasian
- Tony Underwood, former rugby union player, brother of Rory Underwood
- Li Ke (born Nico Yennaris), footballer, gave up his British citizenship to play for the Chinese national team; Eurasian
- Alexa Chung, TV presenter, fashion model, contributing editor at British Vogue; Eurasian
- Jung Chang, writer, co-author of the biography Mao: The Unknown Story
- Leslie Charteris, writer and creator of antihero Simon Templar, alias The Saint
- Sue Cheung, novelist and illustrator of children’s book
- Anhua Gao, writer
- Jo Ho, screenwriter, director, and first Chinese person in the UK to create a television drama series, the 2010 BBC fantasy Spirit Warriors
- Hsiung Shih-I, writer who became the first Chinese person to write and direct a West End play in 1935
- Timothy Mo, British novelist
- Chee Soo, author and teacher on Taoism, traditional Chinese medicine and martial arts
- Xue Xinran, broadcaster, author and founder of the charity Mother's Bridge of Love
- Benjamin Yeoh, playwright
- Chinese clan
- Overseas Chinese
- List of overseas Chinese
- List of Chinese Americans
- List of Chinese Australians
- List of Chinese Canadians
- List of Chinese Filipinos
- List of Malaysian Chinese
- List of Chinese New Zealanders
- "'With a name like Kevin Fong, I was expecting ..." Times Higher Education. 25 February 2005.
- Visible Chinese. "Qu Lei Lei". VisibleChinese.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Visible Chinese. "Gok Wan". VisibleChinese.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Home". Andrew Ng. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Visible Chinese. "Nancy Lam". VisibleChinese.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Visible Chinese. "Bill Poon". VisibleChinese.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Lu Chaoran/吕超然 (September 2008), "剑桥彝族美女吉胡阿依:英国第一位Hip Hop中国女歌手/Cambridge ethnic Yi girl Jihu Ayi: UK's first Chinese female hip-hop artist", New Youth, archived from the original on 16 July 2012, retrieved 5 January 2010
- Visible Chinese. "Jason Lai". VisibleChinese.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- mog.com Archived 24 July 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- Visible Chinese. "Vanessa Mae". VisibleChinese.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Visible Chinese. "Cheng Yu". VisibleChinese.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Joseph Wu (7 April 2009). "CHINESE YOUTH SEEKS TO BE THE YOUNGEST EVER EUROPEAN MEP IN LONDON". pswu.com. Archived from the original on 23 February 2012. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Visible Chinese. "Lord Wei of Shoreditch (Nat Wei)". VisibleChinese.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- @brianmoore666 (28 January 2020). "Went to my birth mother's funeral yesterday. Strange feeling meeting my brother anf sistet and a whole set of blood…" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Eton schoolboy gallops toward Beijing Games". China Daily. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "About – Sue Pickford aka Sue Cheung". Retrieved 16 June 2021.
- Susan Domagalski (23 April 2003). "Book Review:To the Edge of the Sky". Baltimore City Paper. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- "Jo Ho". IMDb.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Episode 8: Artistic pursuits". Chinese in Britain. 9 May 2007. BBC Radio 4. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- Visible Chinese. "Xinran Xue". VisibleChinese.com. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Visible Chinese. "Benjamin Yeoh Seng-Loong". VisibleChinese.com. Archived from the original on 19 August 2008. Retrieved 27 July 2015.