List of British Chinese people
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Part of a series on|
|African and Caribbean|
Main article: British Chinese
To be included in this list, the person must have a Wikipedia article showing they are British Chinese or must have references showing they are British Chinese and are notable.
- Kevin Fong, expert on space medicine, UCL academic and science broadcaster
- Charles K. Kao, KBE, Nobel Prize in Physics, pioneer in the development and use of fibre-optics in telecommunications
- Leah Bracknell, actress and Yoga teacher, Eurasian, English father and Chinese-Malaysian mother
- Naomi Campbell, fashion model, actress, singer, author; mixed Jamaican and Chinese ancestry
- Gemma Chan, actress
- Daphne Cheung, actress
- Maggie Cheung, actress
- Yao Chin, actor, journalist and news broadcaster
- Jon Foo, actor and wushu martial artist
- Jessica Henwick, actress, Eurasian
- Burt Kwouk, actor
- Pui Fan Lee, actress and television presenter
- Jing Lusi, actress
- Katie Leung, actress, Scottish/Chinese
- Max Minghella, actor, Eurasian
- Elizabeth Tan, actress
- Benedict Wong, actor
- Tom Wu, actor
- David Yip, actor, Eurasian
Art and design
- Suki Chan, British Chinese artist
- Aowen Jin, British Chinese artist and social commentator
- Qu Lei Lei, artist and calligrapher
- Cary Kwok, artist
- Chris Liu, fashion designer
- Beatrix Ong, luxury fashion accessory and shoe designer
- Gok Wan, fashion consultant and television presenter
- Andrew Ng, co-founder of education technology company Coursera, director of Stanford University's Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Sir David Tang, founder of fashion chain Shanghai Tang, socialite and writer
- Woon Wing Yip, founder of the British Chinese supermarket chain Wing Yip
- Mi Gao Huang Chen, takeaway owner who was murdered in 2005
- Ching-He Huang, food broadcaster and food writer
- Nancy Lam, chef
- Willian "Bill" Poon, chef and restaurateur
- Alan Yau, restaurateur, founder of Wagamama, Hakkasan and Yauatcha
- Ayi Jihu, singer
- Zilan Liao, guzheng, concert harp and director of Pagoda arts
- Jason Lai, orchestral conductor
- Herman Li, of the power metal band DragonForce
- Jiang Li, musician and composer musician
- Jasmine Thompson, singer
- Matt Tong, drummer of the indie rock band Bloc Party
- Fou Ts'ong, pianist
- KT Tunstall, musician
- Vanessa-Mae, violinist
- Jamie Woon, dubstep artist
- Cheng Yu, pipa and guqin musician
- Guo Yue, dizi and bawu musician
- Michael Chan, Baron Chan, politician, life peer in the House of Lords
- Steven Dominique Cheung, Diana Award winner, youngest candidate for the European Election in 2009, DJ of Spectrum Radio and SW1 Radio
- Alan Mak, Member of Parliament for Havant since 2015, first British Chinese member of the House of Commons
- Nat Wei, Baron Wei, social entrepreneur, former government advisor and member of the House of Lords
- Sammy Chung, only person of Chinese descent to manage an English football league club
- Frank Soo, first player of Chinese descent to play in the The Football League, and the first non-white player to represent England
- Alex Hua Tian, Olympic event rider, gave up his British Citizenship in order to compete in the 2008 Beijing Olympics as part of the Chinese team
- Rory Underwood, former English rugby union rugby player, Eurasian
- Alexa Chung, TV presenter, fashion model, contributing editor at British Vogue; Eurasian
- Jung Chang, writer, co-author of the biography Mao: The Unknown Story
- Leslie Charteris, writer and creator of antihero Simon Templar, alias The Saint
- Jo Ho, screenwriter, director, and first Chinese person in the UK to create a television drama series, the 2010 BBC fantasy Spirit Warriors
- Hsiung Shih-I, writer who became the first Chinese person to write and direct a West End play in 1935
- Chee Soo, author and teacher on Taoism, traditional chinese medicine and martial arts
- Xue Xinran, broadcaster, author and founder of the charity Mother's Bridge of Love
- Benjamin Yeoh, playwright
- Chinese clan
- Overseas Chinese
- List of overseas Chinese
- List of Chinese Americans
- List of Chinese Australians
- List of Chinese Canadians
- List of Chinese Filipinos
- List of Malaysian Chinese
- List of Chinese New Zealanders
- "'With a name like Kevin Fong, I was expecting ...". Times Higher Education.
- Visible Chinese. "Qu Lei Lei". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Visible Chinese. "Gok Wan". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- "Home - Andrew Ng". Andrew Ng. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Visible Chinese. "Nancy Lam". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Visible Chinese. "Bill Poon". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Lu Chaoran/吕超然 (September 2008), "剑桥彝族美女吉胡阿依:英国第一位Hip Hop中国女歌手/Cambridge ethnic Yi girl Jihu Ayi: UK's first Chinese female hip-hop artist", New Youth, retrieved 2010-01-05
- Visible Chinese. "Jason Lai". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Visible Chinese. "Jiang Li". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
-  Archived July 24, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Visible Chinese. "Vanessa Mae". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Visible Chinese. "Cheng Yu". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Joseph Wu (7 April 2009). "CHINESE YOUTH SEEKS TO BE THE YOUNGEST EVER EUROPEAN MEP IN LONDON". pswu.com. Archived from the original on 23 February 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Visible Chinese. "Lord Wei of Shoreditch (Nat Wei)". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- "Eton schoolboy gallops toward Beijing Games". chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- "Jo Ho". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- "Episode 8: Artistic pursuits". Chinese in Britain. 9 May 2007. BBC Radio 4. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- Visible Chinese. "Xinran Xue". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.
- Visible Chinese. "Benjamin Yeoh Seng-Loong". visiblechinese.com. Retrieved 2015-07-27.