Location of Mamak, Ankara within Turkey.
|• Governor||Ertuğrul Kılıç|
|• Mayor||Mesut Akgül (AKP)|
|• District||478.40 km2 (184.71 sq mi)|
|Elevation||899 m (2,949 ft)|
|• District density||1,200/km2 (3,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Mamak is a metropolitan district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey, part of the city of Ankara. According to 2010 census, population of Mamak is 549,585 The district covers an area of 478 km2 (185 sq mi), and the average elevation is 899 m (2,949 ft).
Public buildings include; the military prison, the subject of legend, poem and song; the military electronic surveillance centre; and Ankara's largest rubbish dump.
There are 66 neighbourhoods in Mamak as of 2017.
- Aşık Veysel
- Durali Alıç
- Fahri Korutürk
- Gn.Zeki Doğan
- Hüseyin Gazi
- Kazım Orbay
- Küçük Kayaş
- Peyami Sefa
- Şahap Gürler
- Şehit Cengiz Topel
- Yukarı İmrahor
- Kübra Öztürk (born 1991), Woman Grandmaster of chess
- Mustafa Yılmaz (born 1992), Grandmaster of chess
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute [permanent dead link]
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Archived from the original on 2007-10-19. Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- Turkish Statistical Institute
- Turkish Ministry of the Interior. "Civilian Administrative Units in Turkey" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2017-01-31.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Mamak, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- Kenthaber.com. "General information on Mamak, Ankara" (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 2011-07-19. Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (in Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Ankara Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|