Maritime Silk Road
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with One Belt, One Road. (Discuss) Proposed since July 2016.|
The Maritime Silk Road, officially the 21st Century Maritime Silk Route Economic Belt (Chinese: 21世纪海上丝绸之路) is a Chinese strategic initiative to increase investment and foster collaboration across the historic Silk Road. China–Pakistan Economic Corridor is an extension to proposed Silk Road.
Silk Road Fund
In November 2014, Chinese leader Xi Jinping announced plans to create a 40 billion USD development fund, which would help finance China's plans to develop the New Silk Road and the Maritime Silk Road. China has accelerated its drive to draw Africa into the MSR by speedy construction of a modern standard-gauge rail link between Nairobi and Mombasa.
- "Sri Lanka Supports China’s Initiative of a 21st Century Maritime Silk Route".
- Shannon Tiezzi, The Diplomat. "China Pushes ‘Maritime Silk Road’ in South, Southeast Asia - The Diplomat". The Diplomat.
- "Reflections on Maritime Partnership: Building the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road".
- "Xi in call for building of new 'maritime silk road'-chinadaily.com.cn".
- Jeremy Page (8 November 2014). "China to Contribute $40 Billion to Silk Road Fund". WSJ.