Ne partez pas sans moi
|"Ne partez pas sans moi"|
|Single by Celine Dion|
|from the album The Best of Celine Dion and Incognito|
|Label||Carrere, Mega, CBS|
|Writer(s)||Nella Martinetti, Atilla Şereftuğ|
|Producer(s)||Atilla Şereftuğ, A. P. Keller|
|Celine Dion singles chronology|
"Ne partez pas sans moi" ("Don't Leave Without Me") is the Swiss winning entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1988, performed by Celine Dion. It was released as a single in Europe in May 1988. Dion performed "Ne partez pas sans moi" for 600 million viewers worldwide at the contest.
The song was composed by Turkish songwriter Atilla Şereftuğ and Swiss composer Nella Martinetti. It won Eurovision with 137 points, beating the United Kingdom entry "Go" performed by Scott Fitzgerald by just one point in one of the closest finishes in Eurovision history. It is considered to be one of the most popular Eurovision entries, mainly because of Dion's subsequent international success. While the single sold 200,000 copies in Europe in two days and over 300,000 copies in total, it is one of the less commercially successful Eurovision winners. It was the first winning song to not even be released in the UK or Ireland.
"Ne partez pas sans moi" was also included on Dion's 1988 album The Best of Celine Dion released in Europe (June 1988). The song appeared in Canada as B-side to "D'abord, c'est quoi l'amour." It also appeared on the French version of Dion's Incognito album. Later, it was included in her French compilation album On ne change pas.
A music video was released in 1988.
Dion also recorded a German version of "Ne partez pas sans moi," called "Hand in Hand".
Formats and track listings
European 7" single
- "Ne partez pas sans moi" – 3:07
- "Ne partez pas sans moi" (instrumental) – 3:07
German 7" single
- "Hand in Hand" – 3:07
- "Hand in Hand" (instrumental) – 3:07
|Belgium (Top 30 Flanders)||12|
|Europe (European Hot 100 Singles)||49|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||42|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||11|
- Incognito. Retrieved January 31, 1996.
- Dion, Céline
- Germain, Georges-Herbert (1998). Céline: The Authorized Biography. translated by David Homel and Fred Reed. Dundurn Press. p. 220. ISBN 1-55002-318-7.
- O'Connor, John Kennedy: The Eurovision Song Contest – The Official History, page 113. Carlton Books, UK 2010, ISBN 9781847325211
- "Céline Dion - Ne partez pas sans moi" (in Dutch). Ultratop & Hung Medien. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Hits of the World" (PDF). Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 18 June 1988. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Céline Dion - Ne partez pas sans moi (chanson)" (in French). Hung Medien. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Céline Dion - Ne partez pas sans moi (nummer)" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- "Céline Dion - Ne partez pas sans moi". Hung Medien. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
"Hold Me Now" by Johnny Logan
|Eurovision Song Contest winners
"Rock Me by Riva