Our Lady Queen of Peace Church, Richmond
|Our Lady Queen of Peace Church, Richmond|
|Location||222 Sheen Road, Richmond TW10 5AN|
|Architect(s)||Frank Broadbent of Goodhart-Rendel, Broadbent & Curtis|
|Diocese||Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark|
|Priest(s)||Monsignor William Saunders|
Our Lady Queen of Peace Church, Richmond is a Roman Catholic church in Sheen Road, Richmond, London. It serves the East Sheen parish in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark and, as it is close to Richmond's boundary with East Sheen, is often known as Our Lady Queen of Peace Church, East Sheen.
The foundation stone was laid in November 1953 by the Rt Reverend Monsignor Cyril Cowderoy, Roman Catholic Bishop of Southwark. The church opened on 9 May 1954 and was expanded in 1963. The consecration, by Archbishop Cyril Cowderoy, did not take place until June 1971. A new parish hall was built in 1992.
- "Our history". Our Lady Queen of Peace Church. Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- Bridget Cherry and Nikolaus Pevsner (1983). The Buildings of England – London 2: South. London: Penguin Books. p. 519. ISBN 0 14 0710 47 7.
- "Obituary". Catholic Herald. 21 January 1983. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Francis George Broadbent". Dictionary of Scottish Architects. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "Our Lady, Queen of Peace". Parish Directory. Archdiocese of Southwark. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in London is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|