Rich Township, Cook County, Illinois
Location in Cook County
Cook County's location in Illinois
|• Total||36.59 sq mi (94.78 km2)|
|• Land||36.36 sq mi (94.17 km2)|
|• Water||0.24 sq mi (0.61 km2) 0.64%|
|Elevation||709 ft (216 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||76,470|
|• Density||2,110/sq mi (814.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60422, 60423, 60429, 60430, 60443, 60461, 60466, 60471, 60477, 60478|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Rich Township covers an area of 36.59 square miles (94.8 km2); of this, 36.36 square miles (94.2 km2) (99.36 percent) is land and 0.24 square miles (0.62 km2) (0.64 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Country Club Hills
- Flossmoor (west three-quarters)
- Frankfort (small portion)
- Hazel Crest
- Matteson (vast majority)
- Olympia Fields (vast majority)
- Park Forest (north three-quarters)
- Richton Park
- Tinley Park (small portion)
- University Park (small portion)
- Bremen Township (north)
- Thornton Township (northeast)
- Bloom Township (east)
- Monee Township, Will County (south)
- Green Garden Township, Will County (southwest)
- Frankfort Township, Will County (west)
- Orland Township (northwest)
The township contains these eight cemeteries: Coopers Grove, Elliott Family, Lutheran, New German Evangelical Zion, Saint Anne, Saint Pauls Evangelical Lutheran, Saint Pauls Evangelical Reform and Zion Evangelical Lutheran.
Airports and landing strips
- Olympia Fields Osteopathic Medical Center Heliport
- Prosperi Airport (historical)
- Augustinian Seminary
- South Green Belt Forest Preserve (vast majority)
- Illinois' 1st congressional district
- State House District 37
- State House District 38
- State House District 80
- State Senate District 19
- State Senate District 40
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2016)|
Rich Township High School District 227 serves high school students.
- "Rich Township, Cook County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Rich township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.