|Motto: "City of friendly people"|
|Area||3.17 sq mi (8 km2)|
|- land||3.17 sq mi (8 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||3,887.4 / sq mi (1,501 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Postal code||60164, 60165|
|Wikimedia Commons: Northlake, Illinois|
Northlake is a city in Cook County, Illinois, United States. The population was 12,323 at the 2010 census. The city's moniker is "The City of Friendly People". The name "Northlake" came from two streets, North Avenue and Lake Street.
According to the 2010 census, Northlake has a total area of 3.17 square miles (8.21 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 12,323 people, 3,983 households, and 2,765 families residing in the city. The population density was 3,887.4 people per square mile (1,502.8/km²). There were 4,274 housing units. The racial makeup of the city was 66.9% White, 3.2% African American, 0.5% Native American, 2.8% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 23.7% some other race, and 2.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 52.9% of the population.
There were 3,983 households out of which 33.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.8% were headed by married couples living together, 12.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.6% were non-families. 26.4% of all households were individuals, and 15.4% were someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.03, and the average family size was 3.72.
In the city the population was spread out with 25.4% under the age of 18, 10.0% from 18 to 24, 25.9% from 25 to 44, 25.0% from 45 to 64, and 13.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36.3 years. For every 100 females there were 94.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.8 males.
For the period 2007-2011, the estimated median annual income for a household in the city was $54,066, and the median income for a family was $61,391. Male full-time workers had a median income of $42,713 versus $30,885 for females. The per capita income for the city was $20,574. About 4.0% of families and 7.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.0% of those under age 18 and 9.0% of those age 65 or over.
North of North Ave and West of Mannheim Rd is served by West Leyden High School District 212. Northlake is serviced by 3 districts: District 87 (Berkeley) District 83 (Mannheim) and 212 (Leyden). Grade schools are Riley, Roy, Westdale & Whittier. Middle schools are Northlake Middle School and Mannheim Jr. High and High Schools are West Leyden and a small portion to Proviso West.
Located at 1000 Wolf Road Northlake, IL 60164
The Centerpoint Preserve (Grant Park) is a 32-acre (13 ha) preserve that was donated to the City of Northlake by Centerpoint Properties. Located in the heart of Northlake, Centerpoint Preserve has become the center of activity for the city. The park has a walking/bicycle path and a dog park. Along the walking path there are many different workout stations for pull ups, wall hurdles, squat bars, sit-up benches and there is also beautiful metal art work along the path. The park is monitored by several cameras, and the Northlake police department surveys the area often, making it a safe place to work out at night. The city also has plans for a picnic area with running water.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Northlake city, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-12-27.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Selected Economic Characteristics: 2007-2011 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates (DP03): Northlake city, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved February 12, 2013.
- "Distribution Centers." Safeway Inc. 2. Retrieved on May 13, 2010.
- "About Proviso Township High Schools District 209." Proviso Township High Schools District 209. Retrieved on February 23, 2014.