Lemont Township, Cook County, Illinois
Location in Cook County
Cook County's location in Illinois
|• Total||21.07 sq mi (54.57 km2)|
|• Land||20.40 sq mi (52.83 km2)|
|• Water||0.67 sq mi (1.74 km2) 3.19%|
|Elevation||732 ft (223 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||21,941|
|• Density||1,002/sq mi (386.8/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|ZIP codes||60439, 60464, 60480|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Lemont Township covers an area of 21.07 square miles (54.6 km2); of this, 20.4 square miles (53 km2) (96.81 percent) is land and 0.67 square miles (1.7 km2) (3.19 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Downers Grove Township, DuPage County (north)
- Lyons Township (northeast)
- Palos Township (east)
- Orland Township (southeast)
- Homer Township, Will County (south)
- Lockport Township, Will County (southwest)
- DuPage Township, Will County (west)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Bethany Lutheran, Danish, Mount Vernon Memorial Park and Saint Matthew Evangelical Lutheran.
Airports and landing strips
- Lemont Fire Department Heliport
- Lemont Industrial Park Airport
(Closed and demolished for residential subdivision)
- Goose Lake
- Black Partridge Forest
- Red Gate Woods (Cook County Forest Preserves)
- Sag Quarries Forest Preserve
- Tampier Slough Woods (Cook County Forest Preserves)
|U.S. Decennial Census|
- Illinois's 13th congressional district
- State House District 82
- State Senate District 41
- "Lemont Township, Cook County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Lemont township, Cook County, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.