Stone Park, Illinois
|Stone Park, Illinois|
|Area||0.34 sq mi (1 km2)|
|- land||0.34 sq mi (1 km2)|
|- water||0.00 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Density||14,547.1 / sq mi (5,617 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Wikimedia Commons: Stone Park, Illinois|
Stone Park is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States. The population was 4,946 at the 2010 census. Incorporated in 1939, the town was named for insurance magnate Clement Stone, who bought most of the land when it was still corn fields.
Stone Park is located at (41.904330, -87.880486).
According to the 2010 census, Stone Park has a total area of 0.34 square miles (0.88 km2), all land.
Current Elected Officials
|Maria Gomez||Village Clerk|
|Thomas J. Godfrey||Trustee|
|Joseph P. Burdi||Trustee|
|Loretta J. Teets||Trustee|
|Marco T. Paz||Trustee|
|Laura A. Cassidy-Jaquez||Trustee|
|Marco A. Gutierrez||Trustee|
As of the census of 2000, there were 5,127 people, 1,265 households, and 1,065 families residing in the village. The population density was 15,378.2 people per square mile (5,998.6/km²), making it the most densely populated municipality in Illinois. There were 1,315 housing units at an average density of 3,944.3 per square mile (1,538.6/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 53.99% White, 1.81% African American, 0.47% Native American, 2.03% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 38.85% from other races, and 2.83% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 79.13% of the population. The village was the first ever in Illinois to be more than 50% Hispanic.
There were 1,265 households out of which 52.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.0% were married couples living together, 11.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 15.8% were non-families. 11.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 4.05 and the average family size was 4.34.
In the village the population was spread out with 33.1% under the age of 18, 13.8% from 18 to 24, 33.0% from 25 to 44, 14.6% from 45 to 64, and 5.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 26 years. For every 100 females there were 115.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 120.3 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $39,787, and the median income for a family was $40,789. Males had a median income of $25,236 versus $21,716 for females. The per capita income for the village was $12,887. About 11.6% of families and 15.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.8% of those under age 18 and 10.6% of those age 65 or over.
- Village of Stone Park is celebrating its 75th anniversary.
On April 26, 1939, the Village of Stone Park was incorporated. Since then, we've updated from dark, dirt roads to lighted, paved streets. We've grown from 50 homes to over 800 homes and from hundreds of residents to thousands, of which many still live in the Village from the day of incorporation.
- Nuns Win Battle Against Strip Club Next to Convent.
Monday afternoon, the Missionary Sisters of St. Charles Borromeo Scalabrinians and community residents in Stone Park, Ill., celebrated victory in preventing a strip club, called Get It, from opening next to the convent.
- In 2010, Strip club developer sued the village, alleging that officials had tried to extort cash and part ownership of the club in exchange for approval to build the facility.
Although most of the village ordinances were unchallenged by the suit, the village agreed to repeal or amend some ordinances as part of a settlement. These included a local ordinance similar to the state statute that created a 1,000-foot (300 m) buffer zone between adult entertainment businesses and schools, parks, churches and residential areas. The Stone Park mayor said that the village chose not to defend against the lawsuit because it would cost $500,000. Peter Breen, executive director of the Chicago-based Thomas More Society, said the ordinances could not be successfully challenged because they were “valid and constitutional.” 
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Stone Park village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- "Elected Village Officials". Village Of Stone Park. Village Of Stone Park. Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2014". Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "About Proviso Township High Schools District 209." Proviso Township High Schools District 209. Retrieved on February 23, 2014.
- "Celebrating 75th Anniversary". Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Nuns Win Battle Against Strip Club". Retrieved 3 April 2015.
- "Strip Club Next To Stone Park Convent May Be Preparing To Open « CBS Chicago". Chicago.cbslocal.com. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- "Strip club neighboring convent may violate Ill. law :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)". Catholic News Agency. 2012-03-22. Retrieved 2012-10-24.
- Village of Stone Park Official Website
- Stone Park Police Department
- Stone Park Fire Fighters
- Northlake Public Library District