The Friendly Village, It's Worth a Trip
Location of Worth in Cook County, Illinois.
Location of Illinois in the United States
|• President||Mary Werner (IND)|
|• Total||2.38 sq mi (6.17 km2)|
|• Land||2.37 sq mi (6.13 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.42%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||4,417.90/sq mi (1,705.97/km2)|
|Down 2.34% from 2000|
|Standard of living (2007-11)|
|• Per capita income||$27,271|
|• Median home value||$193,200|
Worth is located at (41.688827, -87.792659).
According to the 2010 census, Worth has a total area of 2.383 square miles (6.17 km2), of which 2.37 square miles (6.14 km2) (or 99.45%) is land and 0.013 square miles (0.03 km2) (or 0.55%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the 2010 census, there were 10,789 people, 4,304 households, 2,726 families residing in the village. The population density was 4,634.4 people per square mile (1,792.1/km2). There were 4,557 housing units  at an average density of 1,893.3 per square mile (732.1/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 92.43% White, 1.59% African American, 0.18% Native American, 1.22% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 2.18% from other races, and 2.37% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.06% of the population.
There were 4,304 households, out of which 29.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 46.4% were married couples living together, 12.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.2% were non-families. 30.8% of all households were made up of individuals, and 10.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.48 and the average family size was 3.15.
In the village, the population was spread out, with 23.5% under the age of 18, 9.5% from 18 to 24, 31.4% from 25 to 44, 21.6% from 45 to 64, and 14.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 96.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.0 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $42,723, and the median income for a family was $51,523. Males had a median income of $38,007 versus $28,492 for females. The per capita income for the village was $19,449. About 7.0% of families and 9.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.6% of those under age 18 and 5.7% of those age 65 or over.
This section does not cite any sources. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Village of Worth operates under a President-Trustee form of Government with a Village President (Mayor) and a Village Board composed of six Village Trustees (Councilmen / Aldermen) elected at large.
The elected officials are:
- President Mary Werner (Independent) - Current term expires in April 2021
- Clerk Bonnie M. Price (Independent) - Current term expires in April 2021
- Trustee Rich Dziedzic (Independent), - Current term expires in April 2021
- Trustee Pete Kats (Independent), - Current term expires in April 2023
- Trustee Tedd Muersch, Jr. (Independent), - Current term expires in April 2021
- Trustee Laura Packwood (Independent), - Current term expires in April 2023
- Trustee Kevin Ryan (Independent), - Current term expires in April 2023
- Trustee Brad Urban (Independent), - Current term expires in April 2021
All six trustees are elected at large with three being elected at the same time as the President and three being elected two years later.
The Village of Worth has separately elected boards, independent of the Village to administer:
- Worth Park District
- Worth Public Library District
- Worth School District 127
State and federal government
Worth is divided between two congressional districts. Most of the village is in Illinois' 3rd congressional district which is represented by Marie Newman (D-Chicago); the area south of 115th Street and east of Harlem Avenue, and also between 114th Place and 115th Street from Harlem to Oak Park Avenue, is in the Illinois' 1st congressional district which is represented by Bobby Rush (D-Chicago).
Worth is located within 18th State Senate District, which is represented by Edward Maloney (D-Chicago); and located in the 35th Representative District, which is represented by William Cunningham (D-Chicago), and the 36th Representative District, which is represented by Kelly Burke (D-Evergreen Park).
Township and county government
The North Palos Fire Protection District operates Station #3 in Worth.
Worth Public Library District operates public libraries.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 14, 2020.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Worth village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved March 20, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2020-02-13. Retrieved 2015-12-25.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- "Profile of General Demographic Characteristics, Worth, Illinois" (PDF). (38.9 KiB). U.S. Census Bureau. Accessed 2007-04-14.
- "Station 3." North Palos Fire Protection District. Retrieved on January 20, 2017. "7116 W. 111th St. Worth, IL 60482"
- "Zoning Map." Village of Worth. Retrieved on January 20, 2017.
- "New Resident." Village of Worth. Retrieved on January 20, 2017.
- "Attendance Areas Archived 2017-02-02 at the Wayback Machine." Consolidated High School District 230. Retrieved on January 19, 2017.
- Home. Worth Public Library District. Retrieved on January 20, 2017.