Ring of Honor Wrestling
|Ring of Honor Wrestling|
|Also known as||Best of ROH Wrestling TV
ROH on Destination America (2015)
|Created by||Cary Silkin|
|Narrated by||Ian Riccaboni (announcer)|
|Opening theme||"War Zone" By 615 Music|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||284 (as of March 5, 2017)|
|Executive producer(s)||Dan Bynum
|Camera setup||Multicamera setup|
|Running time||51–52 minutes|
|Original network||HDNet (2009–11)
Destination America (June 2015–November 2015)
Comet (December 2015–)
Fight Network (April 2016–)
FITE TV (June 27, 2016–)
Sinclair stations (2011–)
Other stations (2014–)
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||March 21, 2009|
Ring of Honor Wrestling is a professional wrestling television series produced by Ring of Honor (ROH). The series features the professional wrestlers of Ring of Honor competing in matches, along with interviews from the wrestlers. Combined, these elements create and further the storylines of ROH. The pilot episode was taped on February 28, 2009, and aired on March 21, 2009. The show aired weekly on HDNet in the United States.
On February 11, 2010 it was announced that Ring of Honor Wrestling would be airing in Italy on Dahlia TV. The show was voted as the Best Weekly Television Show in the 2010 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards. The series' 100th and final HDNet episode aired on April 4, 2011. The series returned on the stations of the Sinclair Broadcast Group on September 24, 2011. On May 27, 2015, it was announced that Ring of Honor Wrestling would broadcast on Destination America beginning June 3, 2015. The series has been cleared to air over the national feed of NESN.
Ring of Honor first announced their partnership with HDNet in article posted to their website on January 26, 2009. The article stated that HDNet would air a weekly television series featuring Ring of Honor wrestling. They subsequently announced their first television tapings would take place at The Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Ring of Honor Wrestling began airing weekly starting March 21, 2009 on HDNet. On July 1, 2009 it was reported that Ring of Honor had canceled television tapings scheduled to take place on July 17 and 18, the decision was reported to be a decision made by HDNet and not Ring of Honor. On July 27, 2009, ROH announced that Ring of Honor Wrestling would be moving to Monday nights beginning from August 17 with a repeat of the show later on Monday nights. On January 11, 2011, Ring of Honor announced the ending of Ring of Honor Wrestling, after the completion of the promotion's two–year contract with HDNet. The final tapings of the show would be taking place on January 21 and 22, with the final episode airing on April 4, 2011.
On May 21, 2011 Ring of Honor and Sinclair Broadcast Group announced that the broadcast carrier had purchased ROH with Cary Silkin remaining with the company in an executive role. Ring of Honor Wrestling television resumed airing beginning in September 2011 over Sinclair stations, mainly in weekend primetime on their CW and MyNetworkTV stations, and after the late local news or network late night programming on stations affiliated with the larger four networks.
On September 9, 2014, ROH announced that Ring of Honor Wrestling would begin being syndicated to stations in non-Sinclair markets, with Gannett Company-owned WATL in Atlanta becoming the first non-Sinclar station to air Ring of Honor Wrestling on September 13, 2014.
On May 27, 2015, ROH announced a 26-week television deal with Destination America, beginning on June 3. The program originally aired twice on Wednesdays; first at 8PM and then a replay at 11PM. However, after struggling to gain viewers, ROH lost their prime time slot in late July and was reduced to a single airing at 11PM. The last episode was shown on November 25, 2015.
Each episode opens with a video of the Ring of Honor talent competing in various matches as well as the series's theme song, before going to an introduction and the opening match. An episode typically features 3 to 4 matches as well as interviews from the wrestlers regarding their upcoming matches or current storylines. The show typically ends after the main event (the final match on an episode) and goes to a closing graphic.
All but six episodes of Ring of Honor Wrestling were taped at The Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Arena is frequently used as a professional wrestling venue, and is known prominently for formerly hosting many Extreme Championship Wrestling events. In September 2010, ROH announced they would be holding television tapings at the Davis Arena in Louisville, Kentucky on December 9 and 10, marking the first time tapings were held away from The Arena.
|Best of 2009||December 28, 2009||Featured clips from 2009.|
|Best of 2010||December 27, 2010||Featured clips from 2010.|
|Best of 2011||December 24, 2011 & December 31, 2011||Featured clips from 2011.|
|Best of 2012||December 22, 2012 & December 29, 2012||Featured clips from 2012.|
|Life & Times Of The Briscoe Brothers||June 22, 2013||Featured clips of the Briscoe Brothers.|
|Best Of ROH Wrestling TV||August 17, 2013||Best matches of ROH Wrestling celebrating 100th episode.|
|Best Of Adam Cole||December 21, 2013||Featured clips of Adam Cole.|
|Best of 2013||December 28, 2013||Featured clips from 2013.|
|ROH Best In The World 2014 Preview||June 21, 2014||Rundown of ROH's 1st LIVE PPV.|
|Best Of Michael Elgin||June 28, 2014||Featured clips of Michael Elgin.|
|ROH Final Battle 2014 Preview||December 6, 2014||Rundown of ROH's 2nd LIVE PPV.|
|Best of 2014||January 3, 2015||Featured clips from 2014.|
|ROH 13th Anniversary Show Preview||February 28, 2015||Rundown of ROH's 3rd LIVE PPV.|
|Best of 2015||December 30, 2015||Featured clips from 2015.|
|ROH Global Wars 2016 Preview||April 30, 2016||Rundown of ROH Global Wars PPV.|
|Best Of Jay Lethal||May 14, 2016||Featured clips of Jay Lethal.|
|Best Of Bullet Club||May 21, 2016||Featured clips of Bullet Club.|
|Women of Honor Special||June 25, 2016||All matches were of Ring of Honor's women's division.|
|Best Of ROH Wrestling TV||July 2, 2016||Best matches of ROH Wrestling celebrating 250th episode.|
|Best of 2016||December 31, 2016||Featured clips from 2016.|
|ROH on Destination America||June 3, 2015||273,000||Premiere Episode of ROH on Destination America|
The wrestlers featured on Ring of Honor wrestling take part in non-scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers are portrayed as either villains or heroes in the non-scripted events that build tension and culminate in a wrestling match.
|Mike Hogewood and Dave Prazak||March 21, 2009– April 4, 2011|
|Kevin Kelly and Caleb Seltzer||December 1, 2012– April 6, 2013|
|Kevin Kelly and Various Guest Commentators||April 13, 2013
– May 11, 2013|
January 28, 2017 – February 18, 2017
|Jay Lethal and Roderick Strong||August 17, 2013|
|Kevin Kelly and Nigel McGuinness||September 24, 2011
– November 24, 2012|
August 3, 2013 – November 2, 2013
December 21, 2013
August 2, 2014 – August 16, 2014
October 11, 2014
October 25, 2014
August 15, 2015
October 31, 2015
November 11, 2015 – January 9, 2016
February 6, 2016 – February 20, 2016
May 28, 2016 – September 12, 2016
December 3, 2016
December 17, 2016
January 7, 2017 – January 21, 2017
|Larry Mercer||December 28, 2013
June 28, 2014
January 3, 2015
|Larry Mercer and Mandy Leon||June 21, 2014
December 6, 2014
February 28, 2015
|Kevin Kelly, Steve Corino, and Prince Nana||August 30, 2014|
|Kevin Kelly and Caprice Coleman||September 13, 2014– September 20, 2014|
|Kevin Kelly, Nigel McGuinness, and Caprice Coleman||October 18, 2014|
|Kevin Kelly and Truth Martini||November 1, 2014
February 21, 2015
|Kevin Kelly and Adam Cole||April 11, 2015|
|Kevin Kelly, Steve Corino, and Nigel McGuinness||June 24, 2015
December 24, 2016
|Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino||May 18, 2013
– July 27, 2013|
November 9, 2013 – October 4, 2014
November 15, 2014 – October 24, 2015
September 19, 2016 – November 26, 2016
|Kevin Kelly, Nigel McGuinness, and Mark Briscoe||November 4, 2015
December 2, 2015
|Kevin Kelly and Prince Nana||December 23, 2015|
|Mandy Leon||December 30, 2015|
|Kevin Kelly and Mandy Leon||May 14, 2016|
|Kevin Kelly||May 21, 2016
July 2, 2016
December 31, 2016
|Kevin Kelly and Mr. Wrestling 3||January 2, 2016
January 16, 2016 – May 7, 2016
|Ian Riccaboni and Nigel McGuinness||June 25, 2016
December 10, 2016
|Kevin Kelly and Matt Taven||August 27, 2016|
|Ian Riccaboni and Various Guest Commentators||February 25, 2017– present|
- Laprade, Patric (2009-09-27). "Cornette returns to ROH as Danielson, McGuinness depart". Slam! Sports. Canadian Online Explorer. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Ring of Honor National TV Tapings December 9th & 10th In Louisville". Ring of Honor. 2010-08-30. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "ROH News: ROH TV episode listing for entire history of ROH TV on HDNet". Pro Wrestling Torch. 2009-12-28. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 26, 2011). "Biggest issue of the year: The 2011 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards Issue". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Campbell, CA: 1–40. ISSN 1083-9593.
- Caldwell, James (2011-04-05). "Caldwell's ROH TV report 4/4: Final ROH TV episode on HDNet featuring excellent 30-minute six-man tag All-Star match". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-04-06.
- Caldwell, James (2011-06-14). "ROH News: Full ROH press conference Friday - start date for new TV show, Internet PPV news & notes (w/Video)". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-06-25.
- Caldwell, James (2011-09-24). "Caldwell's ROH TV report 9/24: ROH Tag Title match headlines debut episode on Sinclair Broadcasting". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- "Ring of Honor is Coming to Destination America".
- Johnson, Mike (2015-05-11). "RING OF HONOR CLEARS NESN NATIONALLY". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- "HDNet Fights Announces Partnership with Ring of Honor". Ring of Honor. 2009-01-26. Archived from the original on January 13, 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- Aldren, Mike (2009-07-27). "Daily wrestling news & gossip". The Sun. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- Caldwell, James (2011-01-12). "ROH News: ROH losing weekly TV show on HDNet, ROH producer blogs on the news & ROH's TV future". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-01-12.
- SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP ANNOUNCES SYNDICATION DEAL FOR RING OF HONOR WRESTLING Ring of Honor (09/09/2014)
- Caldwell, James (May 27, 2015). "ROH news: ROH announces length of Dest. America TV deal". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved May 27, 2015.
- Caldwell, James (July 25, 2015). "ROH news: ROH TV bumped from Dest. America's prime time line-up". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved July 27, 2015.
- "Ring of Honor to air nationally on Comet Starting December 2nd".
- "Caldwell's ROH TV Report 3/21: ROH debuts on HDNet with Jimmy Jacobs vs. Tyler Black". PWTorch. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- "Ring of Honor Draws 163 thousand viewers in Destination America debut".