This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tamboerskloof seen from Tafelberg Road on Table Mountain
|Municipality||City of Cape Town|
|Main Place||Cape Town|
|• Type||Subcouncil 16 / Ward 77|
|• Councillor||Brandon Golding (DA)|
|• Total||1.04 km2 (0.40 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,900/km2 (7,400/sq mi)|
|Racial makeup (2011)|
|• Black African||14.7%|
|First languages (2011)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (SAST)|
|Postal code (street)|
Tamboerskloof is a neighbourhood of Cape Town, South Africa. It lies on the slopes of Lion's Head and Signal Hill, adjacent to the neighbourhoods of Gardens and Bo-Kaap. Tamboerskloof is one neighbourhood within the bouquet of neighbourhoods referred to as the City Bowl.
There is a very active neighbourhood watch called Tamboerskloof Neighbourhood Watch (TBKWatch) which assists the community with volunteer patrols, a radio network, a CCTV network and reporting of service issues such as out of order street lights, traffic lights, potholes, and blocked drains. They work very closely with a community control room (Watchcom), the South African Police Service, City of Cape Town Metro Police, nearby City Improvement Districts, as well as local armed response companies.
Several schools can be found within Tamboerskloof, including:
- Tamboerskloof Primary School
- German International School Cape Town
- Jan van Riebeek Primary School
- Jan van Riebeek High School.
- Ethnic Group
- Home Language
|Other African languages||35||1.20%|
- "Sub Place Tamboerskloof". Census 2011.
- "Location of School" (Archive). German International School Cape Town. Retrieved on August 8, 2015. Address: "28 Bay View Avenue, Tamboerskloof, 8001, Kapstadt, Südafrika" Directions in German (Archive), Main campus building map (Archive), Main campus direction map (Archive).
- "Tamboerskloof". City of Cape Town - Census 2001. City of Cape Town. Retrieved 10 March 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tamboerskloof.|