Tōbu Koizumi Line
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Tōbu Koizumi Line (東武小泉線 Tōbu Koizumi-sen?), operated by the private railway operator Tobu Railway, connects Tatebayashi Station located in Tatebayashi, Gunma to Nishi-Koizumi Station located in Ōizumi, Gunma as well as Higashi-Koizumi Station in Ōizumi town to Ōta Station in Ōta, Gunma Japan.
|Tatebayashi||Tōbu Isesaki Line, Tōbu Sano Line||Tatebayashi||Gunma|
|Higashi-Koizumi||Tōbu Koizumi Line For Ōta Station||Ōizumi|
|Higashi-Koizumi||Tōbu Koizumi Line
(For Tatebayashi / Nishi-koizumi)
|Ōta||Tōbu Isesaki Line, Tōbu Kiryū Line|
- Shin-Koizumi Station - Sengoku-Kashi Station
- Kobugannon Station (between Higashi-Koizumi Station and Shinozuka Station)
|This section does not cite any sources. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The first section of the line from Tatebayashi Station to Koizumimachi Station was opened for passenger service on March 12, 1917, operated by the Chūgen Railway, which was purchased by Tobu Railway company in 1937.
The 3 km Sengokugashi Freight Line (仙石河岸貨物線?) from Koizumimachi Station to Sengokugashi Station (仙石河岸駅?) opened on April 13, 1939, as a freight-only branch line. Passenger services as far as Nishi-Koizumi commenced in 1941.
The Nishi-Koizumi to Sengoku freight branch closed in 1976, and freight services ceased on the line in 1996.
Proposed connecting line
- Sengoku station - the Tobu Kumagaya Line was proposed to be extended to connect to this station in 1944, but was not completed before the end of hostilities and was subsequently abandoned.
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia.
- Ryōzō Kawashima (2004). Zenkoku Tetsudo Jijo Daikenkyu. Tōkyō: Sōshisha. ISBN 4-7942-1291-7.
- Yukiyasu Sugizaki (2000). Ekisha Sai-hakken. Tōkyō: JTB. ISBN 4-533-03675-9.
- Shunzō Miyawaki (1997). Tetsudo Haisenato o Aruku. Tōkyō: JTB. ISBN 4-533-02743-1.
- History of tobu Railway in Japanese