Blue River, Colorado
|Blue River, Colorado|
Location in Summit County and the State of Colorado
|State||State of Colorado|
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Total||2.3 sq mi (6 km2)|
|• Land||2.2 sq mi (5.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||10,036 ft (3,059 m)|
|• Density||385.9/sq mi (148.9/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0179660|
Blue River is located at .(39.432532, -106.037152)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 2.3 square miles (6.0 km2), of which, 2.2 square miles (5.7 km2) of it is land and 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2) of it (4.39%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 685 people, 268 households, and 151 families residing in the town. The population density was 314.0 people per square mile (121.3/km²). There were 563 housing units at an average density of 258.0 per square mile (99.7/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.39% White, 0.15% Asian, 0.44% from other races, and 1.02% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.04% of the population.
There were 268 households out of which 26.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.7% were married couples living together, 1.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 43.3% were non-families. 16.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 1.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.56 and the average family size was 2.82.
In the town the population was spread out with 17.4% under the age of 18, 11.4% from 18 to 24, 46.9% from 25 to 44, 21.8% from 45 to 64, and 2.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 122.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 126.4 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $61,964, and the median income for a family was $70,714. Males had a median income of $34,844 versus $32,083 for females. The per capita income for the town was $28,411. About 2.8% of families and 7.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 1.7% of those under age 18 and 21.4% of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Blue River
- Front Range
- Tenmile Range
- White River National Forest
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blue River, Colorado.|
- Town of Blue River
- Blue River & Breckenridge Real Estate Statistics