Teigen at the 2012 premiere of What to Expect When You're Expecting
|Born||Christine Diane Teigen
November 30, 1985
Delta, Utah, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||John Legend (m. 2013)|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in (1.74 m)|
|Measurements||34-25-35 (86-64-89 cm)|
Christine Diane "Chrissy" Teigen (born November 30, 1985) is an American model. She made her debut in the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2010 and, alongside Nina Agdal and Lily Aldridge, appeared on the cover in 2014.
Teigen was born in Delta, Utah. Her father is of Norwegian descent and her mother is Thai. Teigen's father worked as an electrician and the family moved often. After living in Hawaii, Idaho and Seattle, Washington, the family settled in Huntington Beach, California, when Teigen was a teenager. She was discovered by a photographer while working in a surf shop.
She is represented worldwide by IMG Models in New York. She became an IGN Babe in 2004 and a substitute model on Deal or No Deal for 2006–2007. In July 2007 she appeared on the cover of Maxim's calendar. Her campaigns include Gillette Venus, Olay, Nike, Skullcandy headphones, Rock and Republic, Billabong, Beach Bunny Swimwear (for whom she was also a fashion week correspondent), and Nine West Fashion Targets Breast Cancer. She has also served as a recurring guest host and contributor on E!, TMZ, MTV, FUSE/MSG, and Extra with Mario Lopez, and has appeared on America's Next Top Model and Watch What Happens Live. In spring 2013, she was host of the reality competition show, “Model Employee” on VH1.
Teigen appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2010, and was named "Rookie of the Year". Her friend and fellow model Brooklyn Decker had introduced her to the people at Sports Illustrated to cast her. She was also a part of the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues. In 2014, she appeared on the 50th anniversary cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue with Nina Agdal and Lily Aldridge.
Other side projects include designing a capsule collection with swimwear designer DiNeila Brazil (which debuted at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami in the summer of 2011) and appearing as a featured character in the 2011 EA Sports video game Need For Speed: The Run.
When not working in the world of high fashion modeling, Teigen is a cook and writer. She is the author of the blog, sodelushious.com and enjoys expanding her knowledge of food while traveling the world. She was also featured on an additional Cooking Channel special in February 2013, titled Chrissy Teigen's Hungry, detailing her wedding menu tasting with then-fiancé John Legend. Teigen recently filmed a Cooking Channel special titled Cookies and Cocktails.
In April 2014, Teigen appeared on an Inside Amy Schumer sketch playing a fictionalized version of herself as a relationship counselor. Teigen appears as a judge on the new MTV2 cooking show "Snack-Off."
After four years of dating, Teigen became engaged to musician John Legend in December 2011. They married on September 14, 2013 in Como, Italy. The song All of Me is dedicated to her.
- IMG Models. Accessed August 6, 2010.
- "Chrissy Teigen Is a Member of the Mile-High Club". cosmopolitan.com. April 28, 2014. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Green, Treye (September 14, 2013). "Who Is Chrissy Teigen? Meet John Legend's Supermodel Wife". ibtimes.com.
- Arcella, Lisa. "Chrissy Teigen Talks John Legend, Modeling & More". vegasmagazine.com.
- Gage, Eleni. "Chrissy Teigen Gives Us Fever". oceandrive.com.
- Adele Platon (May 10, 2013). "Chrissy Teigen Talks Hosting New VH1 Show 'Model Employee,' Cooking Obsession And John Legend". vibe.com. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Emily Exton (June 11, 2013). "Chrissy Teigen Recaps Model Employee Episode Five: Cold Drinks And Melted Spray Tans". blog.vh1.com. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- "Sports Illustrated Swimsuits Revealed". YouTube. February 9, 2010. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
- Ward, MIchelle. "Lily Aldridge, Chrissy Teigen & Nina Agdal Grace Sports Illustrated's 50th Anniversary Swimsuit Issue!". People.com. Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- Lindsay Silberman. "Chrissy Teigen, Counterculture Celebrity". dujour.com. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Eleni Gage. "Chrissy Teigen Gives us Fever". oceandrive.com. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Jada Wong (October 18, 2011). "Casting Call: Chrissy Teigen". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- "Chrissy Teigen on Romantic Cooking, Eating Whatever You Want and More". Cooking Channel. Retrieved May 30, 2013.
- "Chefs & Hosts: Chrissy Teigen". cookingchanneltv.com. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Allison Takeda (July 14, 2014). "Chrissy Teigen Says Forever 21 Fired Her for Being "Fat," Was Once Mistaken for a "High-Class Hooker"". usmagazine.com. Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Rebecca Shore (July 23, 2014). "In which Amy Schumer has the reaction any sane person might have if Chrissy Teigen turned out to be their marriage counselor". Retrieved August 5, 2014.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (December 27, 2011). "John Legend Is Engaged". People. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- Galla, Brittany (July 24, 2013). "Chrissy Teigen, John Legend Planning September Wedding in Lake Como, Italy". Us Weekly. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- Webber, Stephanie (September 14, 2013). "John Legend, Chrissy Teigen Marry in Italy – See Her Wedding Dress!". Us Weekly. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chrissy Teigen.|
- Chrissy Teigen on Twitter
- Sodelushious.com – Teigen's cooking and food blog
- Chrissy Teigen at the Fashion Model Directory
- Chrissy Teigen at the Internet Movie Database
- Profile at Vision Management