||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
Teigen at the 2012 premiere of What to Expect When You're Expecting
November 30, 1985 |
Delta, Utah, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||John Legend (m. 2013)|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in (1.74 m)|
|Measurements||34C"-25"-35" (86-64-89 cm)|
Christine Teigen Stephens (born November 30, 1985), known professionally as Chrissy Teigen, is an American model. She made her debut in the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2010 and, alongside Nina Agdal and Lily Aldridge, appeared on the cover in 2014.
Teigen was born in Delta, Utah. Her father is Norwegian (as such, the family's name is pronounced "Ty-G'n"), and her mother is a native of Thailand. Teigen's father worked as an electrician and the family moved often. After living in Hawaii, Idaho and Seattle, Washington, the family settled in Huntington Beach, California when Teigen was a teenager. She was discovered by a photographer while working in a surf shop.
She is represented worldwide by IMG Models in New York. She became an IGN Babe in 2004 and a substitute model on Deal or No Deal for 2006-2007. In July 2007 she appeared on the cover of Maxim's calendar. Her campaigns include Gillette Venus, Olay, Nike, Skullcandy headphones, Rock and Republic, Billabong, Beach Bunny Swimwear (for whom she was also a fashion week correspondent), and Nine West Fashion Targets Breast Cancer. She has also served as a recurring guest host and contributor on E!, TMZ, MTV, FUSE/MSG, and Extra with Mario Lopez, and has appeared on America's Next Top Model and Watch What Happens Live. In spring 2013, she will be seen as host of the reality competition show, “Model Employee” on VH1.
Teigen appeared in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue in 2010, and was named "Rookie of the Year". Her friend and fellow model Brooklyn Decker had introduced her to the people at Sports Illustrated to cast her. She was also a part of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues. In 2014, she appeared on the 50th anniversary cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue with Nina Agdal and Lily Aldridge.
Other side projects include designing a capsule collection with swimwear designer DiNeila Brazil (which debuted at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami in the summer of 2011) and appearing as a featured character in the 2011 EA Sports video game Need For Speed: The Run.
When not working in the world of high fashion modeling, Teigen is a cook and writer. She is the author of the blog, www.sodelushious.com and enjoys expanding her knowledge of food while traveling the world. She was also featured on an additional Cooking Channel special in February 2013, titled Chrissy Teigen's Hungry, detailing her wedding menu tasting with then-fiancé John Legend. Teigen recently filmed a Cooking Channel special titled Cookies and Cocktails.
In 2012, Teigen was named Spike TV's "Our New Girlfriend." In 2013, Teigen appeared in her husband John Legend's music video for the song "All Of Me", which was inspired by their relationship.
- IMG Models. Accessed August 6, 2010.
- Green, Treye (September 14, 2013). "Who Is Chrissy Teigen? Meet John Legend's Supermodel Wife". ibtimes.com.
- Arcella, Lisa. "Chrissy Teigen Talks John Legend, Modeling & More". vegasmagazine.com.
- Gage, Eleni. "Chrissy Teigen Gives Us Fever". oceandrive.com.
- "Sports Illustrated Swimsuits Revealed. Retrieved on 2009-02-14". Youtube.com. 2010-02-09. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Ward, MIchelle. "Lily Aldridge, Chrissy Teigen & Nina Agdal Grace Sports Illustrated's 50th Anniversary Swimsuit Issue!". People.com. Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Chrissy Teigen on Romantic Cooking, Eating Whatever You Want and More. Retrieved on 2013-02-08". Blog.cookingchanneltv.com. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- Silverman, Stephen M. (December 27, 2011). "John Legend Is Engaged". People. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- Galla, Brittany (July 24, 2013). "Chrissy Teigen, John Legend Planning September Wedding in Lake Como, Italy". Us Weekly. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- Webber, Stephanie (September 14, 2013). "John Legend, Chrissy Teigen Marry in Italy -- See Her Wedding Dress!". Us Weekly. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Christine Teigen.|
- Christine Teigen on Twitter
- Sodelushious.com - Teigen's cooking and food blog
- Christine Teigen at the Fashion Model Directory
- Christine Teigen at the Internet Movie Database
- Profile at Vision Management