Georgia (ジョージア Jōjia?) is the name of a popular brand of coffee drinks sold by The Coca-Cola Company. The brand is named after Coca-Cola's home state of Georgia. It was launched in 1975 by Coca-Cola (Japan) Company, a Japanese subsidiary of the company. It has since expanded to markets in Singapore, South Korea, India, Bahrain, and the United States of America. Georgia enjoys the most success in Japan, where it is the highest-grossing coffee beverage. It is also the highest-grossing beverage by Coca-Cola (Japan) Company. As of 2007, in Japan, Georgia's sales double the sales of Coca-Cola. Georgia is one of many brands of Japanese canned coffee. Georgia coffee was introduced in the United States in 2009, where it is almost exclusively sold in restaurants.
Although there are many seasonal blends with a variety of flavors, Coca-Cola makes Original, Mocha Kilamanjaro, and Emerald Mountain Blend year-round. The coffee can be enjoyed as a cold or hot beverage.
Here is a sample list of the Georgia blends:
- Georgia Coffee Original
- Georgia Coffee Mocha Kilamanjaro
- Georgia Coffee Emerald Mountain Blend
- Georgia Coffee Emblem Blend
- Georgia Coffee European Blend
- Georgia Coffee Royal Blend
- Georgia Coffee Platinum Blend
- Georgia Coffee Qualite Latte (for warm serving use)
- Georgia Max Coffee (Chiba, Ibaraki, Tochigi)
- Georgia Coffee Milk and Bitter
- Georgia Coffee Latte (Japan 2004)
- Georgia Coffee Latte—no sugar added and low in calories
- Georgia Coffee Soy Latte
- Georgia Coffee Demitasse Rich
- Georgia Coffee Sweet Series White Chocolate
- Georgia Coffee Tasty (Kyūshū)
- Georgia Coffee Cafe Au Lait
In addition, Georgia Club Coffee was introduced in Singapore, and Georgia Gold coffee and tea were introduced in India in 2004.
GEORGIA Gold (India)
In India, GEORGIA Gold is part of the non-carbonated beverage portfolio of Coca-Cola India . Under this brand, beverages are dispensed from machines, but not in the canned format. The coffee is freshly brewed from roast beans with variants like cappuccino, caffe latte, mochaccino, espresso etc. Other beverages, such as tea or hot chocolate, may also be offered from the same machine. The brand in India also features machines that dispense Iced Tea (Lemon & Peach) and Cold Coffee.
In PlayStation Home, the PlayStation 3's online community-based service, Coca-Cola has placed a vending machine in Home that takes users to a space called the "Georgia Break Station". The vending machine also distributes original avatar items and presents, along with "C-pons", digital coupons that can be used to get real drinks from real vending machines. This is to promote Georgia series of canned coffee. The space is a lounge for users to sit and chat with two in-lounge avatars that talk about the Georgia coffee. It was available from September 7, 2009 to December 15, 2009.
- Georgia Coffee (English)
- Georgia Coffee, on Coca-Cola (U.S.) website (English)
- Georgia Coffee, on Coca-Cola (Japan) website (Japanese)
- Georgia Coffee, on Coca-Cola (India) website (English)