Radical nationalism in Russia
Radical nationalism in Russia refers to some far-right and some far-left extremist nationalist movements and organizations. Of note, the term "nationalist" in Russia often refers to radical nationalism. However, it is often mixed up with "fascism" in Russia. While this terminology does not exactly match the formal definitions of fascism, the common denominator is chauvinism. In all other respects the positions vary over a wide spectrum. Some movements hold a political position that the state must be an instrument of nationalism (such as the National-Bolshevik Party, headed by Eduard Limonov), while others (for example, Russian National Unity) resolve to vigilante tactics against the perceived "enemies of Russia" without going into politics.
Historically, the first prototype of such groups started with the Black Hundreds in Imperial Russia. More recent antisemitic, supremacist and neo-fascist organizations include Pamyat, Russian National Socialist Party and others.
In 1997, the Moscow Anti-Fascist Center estimated there were 40 (nationalist) extremist groups operating in Russia. The same source reported 35 extremist newspapers, the largest among these being Zavtra.
Parties, organizations, movements described as radical nationalist
- Black Hundred
- People's National Party (Russia)
- Russian National Socialist Party
- Russian National Union
- Russian National Unity
- National Bolshevik Party
- Russian nationalism
- Racism in Russia
- Russian Fascism
- Russia for Russians
- National Bolshevism
- Nationalism and xenophobia in Russia, SOVA Center, an independent authority that produces reports and daily updates on the rise of nationalism and xenophobia in the Russian Federation
- Ultra-nationalist, fascist and neo-Nazi movements in Russia Infoshop News
- Western Perceptions of Russian Nationalism (or this link)
- Russian Nationalism and Putin's Russia ()
- On menace of nationalism in Russia. "Yabloko" Party view (in Russian)
- Vladislav Kelle. Nationalism and the future of Russia (in Russian)
- Racial violence escalates in Russia Jane's Intelligence Review, 5 September 2006
- National Socialist Society Radical national socialist organization
- Nordrus - an organization of "Russian radical nationalists" (in Russian)
- (English)"VELVET" FASCISM. Ultra-nationalist ideas are popular among the literary mainstream and political saloons by Andrey Kolesnikov
- (English)Russian Fascism and Russian Fascists by Kirill Buketov
- (English)Radical nationalism in Russia and efforts to counteract it in 2006
- Stephen D. Shenfield. Russian Fascism: Traditions, Tendencies, Movements, 2001 ISBN 0-7656-0634-8 or ISBN 978-0-7656-0634-1
- Russian: А. Л. Янов. Патриотизм и национализм в России. 1825-1921. М., Академкнига, 2002
- Russian: Г. Кожевникова Радикальный национализм в России: проявления и противодействие Центр экстремальной журналистики.
- Verkhovsky, Alexander (December 2000). "Ultra-nationalists in Russia at the onset of Putin's rule". Nationalities Papers 28 (4): 707–722. doi:10.1080/00905990020009692.