River Oaks, Texas
|City of River Oaks|
|Tarrant County, Texas|
|• Mayor||Herman Earwood|
|• City Council||JoAnn Butler
|• City Administrator||Marvin Gregory|
|• Total||2.0 sq mi (5.2 km2)|
|• Land||2.0 sq mi (5.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||600 ft (183 m)|
|• Density||3,700/sq mi (1,400/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1345261|
River Oaks is located at (32.776696, -97.396052).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.0 square miles (5.2 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,985 people, 2,713 households, and 1,888 families residing in the city. The population density was 3,504.8 people per square mile (1,355.2/km2). There were 2,856 housing units at an average density of 1,433.0 per square mile (554.1/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 84.84% White, 0.40% African American, 0.69% Native American, 0.77% Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 10.92% from other races, and 2.28% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 27.23% of the population.
There were 2,713 households out of which 33.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.3% were married couples living together, 13.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.4% were non-families. 26.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.57 and the average family size was 3.11.
In the city the population was spread out with 27.0% under the age of 18, 8.7% from 18 to 24, 29.4% from 25 to 44, 19.5% from 45 to 64, and 15.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 93.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 88.9 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $31,229, and the median income for a family was $36,396. Males had a median income of $31,086 versus $21,305 for females. The per capita income for the city was $16,610. About 9.8% of families and 11.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 17.1% of those under age 18 and 10.9% of those age 65 or over.
Government and infrastructure
Schools in River Oaks are a part of the Castleberry Independent School District.
Schools that serve the city include:
- A.V. Cato Elementary School
- Castleberry Elementary School
- Irma Marsh Middle School
- Castleberry High School
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): River Oaks city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Post Office Location - OAKS." United States Postal Service. Retrieved on April 17, 2009.