Westworth Village, Texas
|City of Westworth Village, Texas|
|Motto: "The Hidden Jewel of the Metroplex"|
Location of Westworth Village in Tarrant County, Texas
|• Mayor||Tony Yeager|
|• Total||2.0 sq mi (5.1 km2)|
|• Land||2.0 sq mi (5.1 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||568 ft (173 m)|
|• Density||1,200/sq mi (480/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1349880|
|Website||Westworth Village, Texas|
The town's growth was helped in large part by the construction and development of Carswell Air Force Base. In 1941, the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce deeded 1,400 acres to the federal government for the construction of the base, and the town was incorporated the same year.
Westworth Village is located at .(32.759412, -97.418519)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.0 square miles (5.1 km²), all of it land.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Westworth Village has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,124 people, 783 households, and 552 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,073.2 people per square mile (414.2/km²). There were 856 housing units at an average density of 432.5 per square mile (166.9/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 81.83% White, 4.24% African American, 1.27% Native American, 1.32% Asian, 0.28% Pacific Islander, 6.64% from other races, and 4.43% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 18.64% of the population.
There were 783 households out of which 37.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.3% were married couples living together, 10.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.5% were non-families. 23.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.71 and the average family size was 3.27.
In the city the population was spread out with 29.2% under the age of 18, 6.0% from 18 to 24, 34.2% from 25 to 44, 19.1% from 45 to 64, and 11.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 101.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.0 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $40,493, and the median income for a family was $47,212. Males had a median income of $30,965 versus $25,000 for females. The per capita income for the city was $19,495. About 6.2% of families and 9.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.4% of those under age 18 and 2.4% of those age 65 or over.
Westworth Village is served by the Fort Worth Independent School District.
Schools that serve Westworth Village include:
- Burton Hill Elementary School (Westworth Village)
- Stripling Middle School (Fort Worth)
- Arlington Heights High School (Fort Worth)
Westworth Village Public Library serves the city.
The Westworth Village Police Department, based out of the Westworth Village Justice Center, serves the city.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Westworth Village city, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "Westworth Village, Texas". Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved August 4, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Westworth Village, Texas
- "Westworth Village Public Library." City of Westworth Village. Retrieved on May 24, 2010.
- "Home." (Justice Center name citation) City of Westworth Village. Retrieved on May 24, 2010.
- "Westworth Village city, Texas." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 24, 2010.
- City of Westworth Village official website
- Westworth Village Police Department
- Texas State Historical Association