Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner (UK Parliament constituency)
|Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner in Greater London.
|Electorate||71,706 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Nick Hurd (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Ruislip-Northwood, Harrow West|
|European Parliament constituency||London|
Parliament accepted the Boundary Commission's Fifth Periodic Review of Westminster constituencies and created this constituency for General Election 2010. In this election it was won by the previous member for Ruislip, Northwood.
- Predecessor seat
Following their review of parliamentary representation in North London, the Boundary Commission for England has created a new seat of Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner to deal with population changes. It includes parts of the Harrow West constituency and much of the former Ruislip-Northwood constituency.
This constituency has electoral wards:
- Eastcote and Ruislip, Harefield, Ickenham, Northwood, Northwood Hills, West Ruislip in the London Borough of Hillingdon
- Hatch End, Pinner, Pinner South in the London Borough of Harrow
The constituency consists of Census Output Areas of two local government districts with similar characteristics: a working population whose income is higher than the national average and lower than average reliance upon social housing. At the end of 2012 the unemployment rate in the constituency stood as 1.6% of the population claiming jobseekers allowance, compared to the regional average of 3.6%. This was the third lowest in the capital behind Richmond Park and Kingston & Surbiton. The borough contributing to the bulk of the seat's statistics are given first.
- A low for the capital 22.7/23.5% of the two boroughs' populations were without a car
- 19.1%/16.8 of the population without qualifications and a high 28%/36.8% at the 2011 census had a level 4 qualifications or above.
In terms of tenure 62.9%/65.2% of homes are owned outright or on a mortgage as at the 2011 census across the two London Boroughs.
Members of Parliament
|General Election 2015: Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner|
|Liberal Democrat||Josh Dixon|
|National Liberal Party||Sockalingam Yogalingam|
|General Election 2010: Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner|
|Liberal Democrat||Thomas Papworth||8,345||16.6||+0.3|
|National Front||Ian Edward||899||1.8||−0.2|
- * Served as an MP in the 2005–2010 Parliament
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Proposals for Parliamentary Constituencies in Some of the North London Boroughs" (Press release). Boundary Commission for England. 2002-07-29. Retrieved 2010-05-11.
- 2001 Census
- Unemployment claimants by constituency The Guardian
- 2011 census interactive maps
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "R" (part 2)[self-published source][better source needed]
- "Candidates for Ruislip, Northwood and Pinner". YourNextMP. Retrieved 1 March 2015.
- BBC News | Election 2010 | Constituency | Ruislip, Northwood & Pinner