- 1 Welcome to Wikipedia!!!
- 2 User:Star767
- 3 Discussion at Template talk:Bullying#This reversion
- 4 Better source request for File:Dive Deep.jpg
- 5 thanks
- 6 Purple Barnstar
- 7 Disambiguation link notification for May 5
- 8 Just in case ...
- 9 Nomination for deletion of Template:Con artists
- 10 Wikipedia:Help desk#Editing style of User:Farrajak
- 11 May 2013
- 12 ITN
- 13 Copyright problem
- 14 Copyright problem: Psychological manipulation
- 15 Thank you!
- 16 A barnstar for you!
- 17 Please be careful with undoing edits
- 18 Wiki Community Help
- 19 WP Psychology in the Signpost
- 20 Vacuum bell (medicine)
- 21 Professionals - notice of discussion
- 22 A kitten for you!
- 23 A cup of coffee and some stroopwafels for you!
- 24 FYI
Welcome to Wikipedia!!!
I too have had problems with User:Star767. I mostly work in the philosophy articles, and have had to revert a substantial number of his edits. He does not appear to have any formal education in philosophy, but proceeds with supreme confidence. (This is actually quite a common phenomenon in philosophy -- everybody thinks they are an expert). I see that this person has only fairly recently become and editor, and has jumped right in with DYK nominations, and seems to refer to policies quite comfortably. I have no leads as to which, but I suspect that this is an account of a editor who formally edited under a different account --perhaps a banned editor. Any thoughts? Greg Bard (talk) 21:01, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
- So i notice. He seems to have an odd destructive agenda on psychology. Yes he seems to have recently arrived from nowhere yet seems very familiar with some Wiki procedures. Im right with you on this. Im quite happy to do whatever is necessary including going through the Wikipedia:Administrator intervention against vandalism or Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations procedure. I would appreciate your support. Doing Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations might be the best initial approach.--Penbat (talk) 21:18, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
Discussion at Template talk:Bullying#This reversion
Better source request for File:Dive Deep.jpg
Thanks for your upload to Wikipedia:
You provided a source, but it is difficult for other users to examine the copyright status of the image because the source is incomplete. Please consider clarifying the exact source so that the copyright status may be checked more easily. It is best to specify the exact Web page where you found the image, rather than only giving the source domain or the URL of the image file itself. Please update the image description with a URL that will be more helpful to other users in determining the copyright status.
If you have uploaded other files, consider checking that you have specified their source in a complete manner. You can find a list of files you have uploaded by following this link. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page or me at my talk page. Thank you. Message delivered by Theo's Little Bot (opt-out) 21:16, 21 April 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for taking the time to recreate Fladrif's talk/user page. It will be a great resource for both the current and any future discussions on the matter. Cheers! -- — Keithbob • Talk • 22:33, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Legal abuse, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Incompetence (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Just in case ...
you missed my talk page posts ... User:Penbat/management by fear is now available. I'm also watchlisting this as the style of management which uses abusive, intimidating, overbearing, aggressive, and heavy-handed tactics to achieve a goal (even to the extent of using this website to achieve an objective) has become a grave concern of mine. I may even be able to dig up a few resources for this. Sadly, it would not be appropriate to use examples from Wikipedia for an "article" though. Cheers and best. — 16:49, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, feel free to edit my sandbox. To be honest I dont plan to work on it myself any time soon but its something I would like to look into at some point. --Penbat (talk) 16:59, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
Template:Con artists has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. -- Y not? 16:18, 15 May 2013 (UTC)
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to DSM-5 may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry, just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page(Click show ⇨)
|On 25 May 2013, In the news was updated with an item that involved the article DSM-5, which you substantially updated. If you know of another recently created or updated article suitable for inclusion in ITN, please suggest it on the candidates page.|
Hi. I see that you were not notified of the copyright issues flagged with the article Psychological manipulation in April. The article was listed at the copyright problems board, and a quick evaluation supports that content you entered in 2009 (here) is extremely similar to content posted in a 2006 blog post here. I have reblanked the section and will relist the article to allow time for proper handling of the issue, since obviously we need to determine if we can retain this content in accordance with our copyright policies. The template is required for processing these, but given your history I'm putting it in a collapse box. It does contain some useful information for verifying license or for rewriting material, if you need it. If you have any questions about any of this, including how to verify license, please feel free to stop by my talk page. Thanks. :) --Moonriddengirl (talk) 15:03, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
Copyright problem: Psychological manipulation
Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia! We welcome and appreciate your contributions, such as Psychological manipulation, but we regretfully cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from either web sites or printed material. This article appears to contain material copied from http://toogoodtobereal.blogspot.com/2006/06/beware-techniques-of-sociopath.html, and therefore to constitute a violation of Wikipedia's copyright policies. The copyrighted text has been or will soon be deleted. While we appreciate contributions, we must require all contributors to understand and comply with our copyright policy. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously, and persistent violators are liable to be blocked from editing.
If you believe that the article is not a copyright violation, or if you have permission from the copyright holder to release the content freely under license allowed by Wikipedia, then you should do one of the following:
It may also be necessary for the text be modified to have an encyclopedic tone and to follow Wikipedia article layout. For more information on Wikipedia's policies, see Wikipedia's policies and guidelines.
If you would like to begin working on a new version of the article you may do so at this temporary page. Leave a note at Talk:Psychological manipulation saying you have done so and an administrator will move the new article into place once the issue is resolved. Thank you, and please feel welcome to continue contributing to Wikipedia. Happy editing! Moonriddengirl (talk) 15:03, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
- Cheers ! I was actually about to post on your page about his demise but i guess you picked up my ref to you in the SPI and beat me to it. He has done a lot of stuff on DSM 5 that generally looks constructive so im leaving that alone but it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.--Penbat (talk) 18:07, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
You've already received a number of barnstars for your recent work investigating Farrajak, but I wanted to express my appreciation as well. Thank you for putting so much time in and taking so much flack. Firecatalta (talk) 20:44, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
Please be careful with undoing edits
Hi Penbat. In your eagerness to undo User:Farrajak's edits, you've undone a lot of minor improvements that Farrajak made, and so I've undone some of your undos. For just one example, this edit introduced typos to an article. Please take a deep breath and calmly review your recent activity, evaluating edits on their own merit, not on who made them. If you are going to undo Farrajak's edits, make sure you actually are doing that and not undoing someone else's contribution.
On the same theme, I hope that you'll join me in cutting down the major problems that Farrajak identified in Template:Narcissism, and in making that an effective navigational template, rather than something that puts multiple redundant links across a lot of tangentially related articles. Cheers, MartinPoulter (talk) 13:42, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- There are similar problems with Template:Bullying as well. In each case, you are the main author of the template and of the theme article (Narcissism, and Bullying) which it directs links to, and in each case you've expanded the template with questionable links to articles where the theme isn't mentioned. In each case you have not engaged with recent consensus on the Talk pages, and in each case it seems you have been careless in reverting edits by banned users: not only reverting edits that were good on their merits, but reverting legitimate, non-banned editors along with them. Please engage with the Wikipedia process of civil discussion that we're familiar with. I have not yet looked at other templates that you have been heavily involved in.
Can you help me with a list?MartinPoulter (talk) 17:57, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
- I've created a discussion at Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Psychology#Review_of_navigational_templates. Hope you can weigh in. Cheers, MartinPoulter (talk) 16:28, 27 July 2013 (UTC)
Wiki Community Help
There are a number of people, one of whom has vandalized the Stalking page, as of th 24th, -removing perfectly referenced, material, which was in use on another page word-for word
This material was maliciously vandalized, removed - on the 24th of August, please check the log
WP Psychology in the Signpost
The WikiProject Report would like to focus on WikiProject Psychology for a Signpost article. This is an excellent opportunity to draw attention to your efforts and attract new members to the project. Would you be willing to participate in an interview? If so, here are the questions for the interview. Just add your response below each question and feel free to skip any questions that you don't feel comfortable answering. Multiple editors will have an opportunity to respond to the interview questions, so be sure to sign your answers. If you know anyone else who would like to participate in the interview, please share this with them. Have a great day. –Mabeenot (talk) 01:13, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
Vacuum bell (medicine)
Sorry to bother you about this. You made edits to Vacuum bell (medicine) a while ago. A lot of information was deleted, because it was from primary sources. I recently added a new source about it: while I think none of the sources should be deleted, I find the newer revelations more important. I guess you would disagree with their removal completely. Thanks.
I found your name in the edit history. I noticed you got into a conflict with a similar named user, I almost thought that was me. Almost decided to drop this and let the ignorance of deleting information run free, until I noticed it was someone else. Its really a coincidence. If you decide not to act, I understand. Star6763 (talk) 11:41, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
Professionals - notice of discussion
A kitten for you!
Appreciate the articles you have created. Well done!
- Thanks ! It's tough work but somebody has to do it.--Penbat (talk) 19:35, 7 October 2013 (UTC)
A cup of coffee and some stroopwafels for you!
|Take good care of yourself Penbat! Lova Falk talk 07:57, 22 October 2013 (UTC)|
Hi Penbat. Given the fact that I took a two-month semi-retirement due to stressful issues with Wikipedia (like dealing with long-term abusive editors such as Fladrif and other users, as well as being frustrated with Wikipedia's inabilities to deal with disruptive editors) and real life issues like college studies, I am thinking about closing the discussion over at Template talk:Bullying, even though you had issues with disruptive editors a while back. Do you have any thoughts about this matter? Thanks, Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 18:40, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, I'm quite pissed off that quite a lot of stuff has been removed from the template and ideally i would want it returned to its original state (before Fladriff got involved) and certainly no more taken out. It only got raised as an issue when Fladriff & sock-puppet Star767 piled in. Anyway these days i have WikiBurnout and am trying to do as little as possible on Wiki. I don't have the stomach to get involved in Template talk:Bullying.--Penbat (talk) 18:57, 27 October 2013 (UTC)
- Whoa, that's really terrible news. I am extremely sorry to hear about that. I think it's time to just move on and deal with this later if needed. I personally took a two-month semi-retirement because of Wikistress partially due to exactly this type of abuse. Don't let abuse like that get to you. People think it's okay to bully, when in fact, it's not. I have already contacted Timtrent about this. I am going to help revert Star767/Farrajak's edits as well. Best wishes, Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 02:01, 28 October 2013 (UTC)
- It isnt quite that bad. I still do the odd bit of editing most days. I feel I have achieved a lot and have done practically all the "must dos" so there isnt much else im currently strongly motivated to work on. I dont have the stomach to work on complex or contentious work at present tho. I may get back to it properly at some point.--Penbat (talk) 09:06, 28 October 2013 (UTC)