|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2025.|
2025 (MMXXV) will be a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2025th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 25th year of the 3rd millennium, the 25th year of the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – The American FAA will have been implementing a new system of GPS called NextGen that will be fully functional by this year.
- May-October – Expo 2025 will be held in Osaka, Japan.
- June - Elon Musk has set this date as a target for the first humans to land on Mars.
- The Giant Magellan Telescope, which is currently under construction, is scheduled to have been completed.
- Planned completion of the Square Kilometre Array.
- Both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 space probes have sufficient electrical power to operate their radio transmitters until at least 2025.
- Planned ecumenical meeting of the Orthodox and Catholic Churches at Nicaea (İznik, Turkey) to mark the 1,700th anniversary of the Council of Nicaea.
- World population is expected to reach 8 billion.
- Gugliotta, Guy (November 17, 2009). "An Air-Traffic Upgrade to Improve Travel by Plane". The New York Times.
- "Osaka Is World Expo 2025 Host | JAPAN Forward". Japan Forward. 2018-11-23. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- Amos, Jonathan. "Magellan super-scope gets green light for construction - BBC News". Bbc.com. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Square-kilometre radio telescope wins millions in UK funding". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Voyager – Spacecraft – Spacecraft Lifetime". NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. 2003-01-14. Archived from the original on October 27, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- "Nicea III in 2025?". Commonweal Magazine. 2014-05-30. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- NatureWorldNews (June 14, 2013). "UN World Population Report Predicts 8 Billion People by 2025, 11 billion by 2100". Retrieved October 30, 2016.