|Ab urbe condita||2778|
|Balinese saka calendar||1946–1947|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲辰年 (Wood Dragon)|
4721 or 4661
— to —
乙巳年 (Wood Snake)
4722 or 4662
|- Vikram Samvat||2081–2082|
|- Shaka Samvat||1946–1947|
|- Kali Yuga||5125–5126|
|Japanese calendar||Reiwa 7|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 114|
|Thai solar calendar||2568|
2151 or 1770 or 998
— to —
2152 or 1771 or 999
|Unix time||1735689600 – 1767225599|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2025.|
2025 (MMXXV) will be a common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2025th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 25th year of the 3rd millennium, the 25th year of the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – The American FAA will have been implementing a new system of GPS called NextGen that will be fully functional by this year.
- May–October – Expo 2025 will be held in Osaka, Japan.
- June – Elon Musk has set this date as a target for the first humans to land on Mars.
- The Giant Magellan Telescope, which is currently under construction, is scheduled to have been completed.
- Planned completion of the Square Kilometre Array.
- Both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 space probes have sufficient electrical power to operate their radio transmitters until at least 2025.
- Planned ecumenical meeting of the Orthodox and Catholic Churches at Nicaea (İznik, Turkey) to mark the 1,700th anniversary of the Council of Nicaea.
- World population is expected to reach 8 billion.
- The European Space Agency plans to begin mining the moon for natural resources by this date.
- Norway plans to ban the sale of all new diesel and petrol cars by this year.
- Gugliotta, Guy (November 17, 2009). "An Air-Traffic Upgrade to Improve Travel by Plane". The New York Times.
- "Osaka Is World Expo 2025 Host | JAPAN Forward". Japan Forward. November 23, 2018. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "Earth to Mars". clowder.net. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- Titcomb, James (September 29, 2017). "Mars City: Human missions to space colony will start in 2024, Elon Musk says". Retrieved August 22, 2019 – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Amos, Jonathan. "Magellan super-scope gets green light for construction - BBC News". Bbc.com. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- "Square-kilometre radio telescope wins millions in UK funding". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- "Voyager – Spacecraft – Spacecraft Lifetime". NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. January 14, 2003. Archived from the original on October 27, 2007. Retrieved November 4, 2007.
- "Nicea III in 2025?". Commonweal Magazine. May 30, 2014. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- NatureWorldNews (June 14, 2013). "UN World Population Report Predicts 8 Billion People by 2025, 11 billion by 2100". Retrieved October 30, 2016.
- Kent, Lauren (January 22, 2019). "The European Space Agency plans to start mining for natural resources on the moon". CNN. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- "Nine countries say they'll ban internal combustion engines". June 6, 2019 – via qz.com.