|Centuries:||20th century · 21st century · 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s · 2000s · 2010s · 2020s · 2030s · 2040s · 2050s|
|Years:||2022 · 2023 · 2024 · 2025 · 2026 · 2027 · 2028|
|Ab urbe condita||2778|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲辰年 (Wood Dragon)
4721 or 4661
— to —
乙巳年 (Wood Snake)
4722 or 4662
|- Vikram Samvat||2081–2082|
|- Shaka Samvat||1946–1947|
|- Kali Yuga||5125–5126|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 37
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 114
|Thai solar calendar||2568|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2025.|
2025 (MMXXV) will be a common year starting on Wednesday (dominical letter E) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2025th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 25th year of the 3rd millennium, the 25th year of the 21st century, and the 6th year of the 2020s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1 – The FAA will have been implementing a new system of GPS called NextGen that will be fully functional by this year.
- The Giant Magellan Telescope, which is currently under construction, is scheduled to have been completed.
- Planned completion of the Square Kilometre Array.
- CVN-80, the United States Navy's proposed replacement for the USS Nimitz (CVN-68), to be commissioned.
- Both Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 space probes have sufficient electrical power to operate their radio transmitters until at least 2025.
- Planned Ecumenical meeting of the Orthodox and Catholic Churches at Nicaea (Iznik, Turkey) to mark the 1,700th anniversary of the Council of Nicaea.
- World population is expected to reach 8 billion.
- Heaven Can Wait (1978): Joe Pendleton (Warren Beatty)
- Timecop 2: The Berlin Decision (2003)
- Repo Men (2010)
- Uchū Kyōdai (2012)
- Pacific Rim (2013)
- Her (2013)
- Transformers: Victory (1989)
- Six Feet Under ("Everyone's Waiting", 2005): Ruth Fisher dies in a hospital, surrounded by her family and the ghosts of her husband and son.
- Power Rangers S.P.D. takes place in this year, where humans are introduced to aliens, which is dated to be 20 years after 2005, the year of the television series' production.
- Eureka Seven: AO (2012) The storyline of the series takes place in April 2025.
- Sword Art Online (2012) Most surviving users wake up from the game in 2025, but the series still goes on with at least three more VRMMOs, which are known as ALfheim Online, Gun Gale Online and Underworld.
Computer and video games
- Gley Lancer (1992)
- Impossible Mission 2025 (1994)
- Segagaga (2001)
- F.E.A.R. (2005)
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (2007)
- Haze (2008)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (2012)
- Gugliotta, Guy (November 17, 2009). "An Air-Traffic Upgrade to Improve Travel by Plane". The New York Times.
- Amos, Jonathan. "Magellan super-scope gets green light for construction - BBC News". Bbc.com. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Square-kilometre radio telescope wins millions in UK funding". Theregister.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- "Voyager – Spacecraft – Spacecraft Lifetime". NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory. 2003-01-14. Archived from the original on October 27, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- "Nicea III in 2025?". Commonweal Magazine. 2014-05-30. Retrieved 2015-11-12.
- NatureWorldNews (June 14, 2013). "UN World Population Report Predicts 8 Billion People by 2025, 11 billion by 2100". Retrieved October 30, 2016.
- Todd Rigney (2012-02-08). "Poster and a Trailer for the Japanese Astronaut Flick Space Brothers". BeyondHollywood.com. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
-  Archived September 8, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.