|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Ed Gibbons|
|• Total||0.73 km2 (0.28 sq mi)|
|Elevation||652 m (2,139 ft)|
|• Density||4,183.6/km2 (10,835/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-0.5%|
The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by Victoria Trail, on the north by 144 Avenue, and on the south by 137 Avenue. To the east, the neighbourhood overlooks the North Saskatchewan River valley.
According to the 2001 federal census, three out of every four (77.3%) residences in Bannerman were constructed during the 1970s. Almost all of the remaining residences (16.6%) were constructed during the 1980s.
The most common types of residence in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, are the single-family detached home and the row house. Single-family dwellings account for just under half (46%) and row houses account for just over one third (36%). Most of the remaining residences (17%) are rented apartments in low rise buildings with fewer than five stories. There are also a few duplexes in the neighbourhood. Just under three out of every four (72%) of all residences are owner occupied with the remaining one in four 28%) being rented.
There is a single school in the neighbourhood, Bannerman Elementary Junior High School, operated by the Edmonton Public School System.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Bannerman had a population of  a -0.5% change from its 2009 population of 3,070. With a land area of 0.73 km2 (0.28 sq mi), it had a population density of 4,183.6 people/km2 in 2012.3,054 living in 1,229 dwellings,
||Kirkness||Fraser||North Saskatchewan River|
|Hairsine||North Saskatchewan River|
|Belmont||Kernohan||North Saskatchewan River|
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- From the neighbourhood description in the City of Edmonton Map Utility.
- Duplexes include triplexes and fourplexes.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.