Location of Nagarkurnool district in Telangana
|• District collector||E.Sridhar|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||1 (Nagarkurnool)|
|• Vidhan Sabha constituencies||4(Nagarkurnool, Achchampet, Kalwakurthy, kollapur)|
|• Total||6,545.00 km2 (2,527.04 sq mi)|
|• Density||140/km2 (350/sq mi)|
|• Sex ratio||968:1000|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST)|
Nagarkurnool is a district in the southern region of the Indian state of Telangana. The town of Nagarkurnool is the district headquarters. It was part of the Mahbubnagar district prior to re-organisation of districts in the state. The district shares boundaries with Nalgonda, Rangareddy, Mahabubnagar, Wanaparthy districts and with Andhra Pradesh State.
After forming Telangana state, Nagarkurnool become a district, it was previously part of Mahbubnagar district. The new district has four revenue divisions Nagarkurnool, Achampet, Kalwakurthy and Kollapur with total twenty mandals.
The district is spread over an area of 6,545.00 square kilometres (2,527.04 sq mi).
- "Telangana New Districts Names 2016 Pdf TS 31 Districts List". Timesalert.com. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 11 October 2016.
- "Nagarkurnool district" (PDF). Chief Commissioner of Land Administration. Archived from the original (PDF) on 19 November 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "New districts map". newdistrictsformation.telangana.gov.in. Retrieved 22 August 2016.[permanent dead link]
- "New districts". Andhra Jyothy.com. 8 October 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Clipping of Andhra Jyothy Telugu Daily – Hyderabad". Andhra Jyothy. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "K Chandrasekhar Rao appoints collectors for new districts". Deccan Chronicle. 11 October 2016. Retrieved 13 October 2016.