Brookhaven State Park
|Brookhaven State Park|
IUCN category V (protected landscape/seascape)
|Location||Wading River, NY, USA|
|Area||1,638 acres (6.63 km2)|
|Visitors||9,722 (in 2011)|
|Governing body||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
Brookhaven State Park is a 1,638-acre (6.63 km2) state park in Wading River, New York, approximately 74 miles (119 km) east of New York City. Established in 1971, the park land was formerly the property of Brookhaven National Laboratory. Protecting a large amount of the Long Island Pine Barrens, the park also contains scattered wetlands.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved June 25, 2015.
- "Brookhaven State Park". Nysparks.com. NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- New York State Parks: Brookhaven State Park
- Brookhaven State Park (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut Botany Online)
- Federal Lands to Parks in New York State (National Park Service)
- Brookhaven State Park Trails (Wandering Around the Block)
|This article about a location in Suffolk County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|