Trail View State Park
|Trail View State Park|
|Location||8101 Jericho Turnpike
Woodbury, New York
|Area||454 acres (1.84 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||138,005 (in 2014)|
|Website||Trail View State Park|
Trail View State Park is a 454-acre (1.84 km2) state park located on Long Island on the Nassau–Suffolk county border in New York. The linear park, created in September 2002, runs between Bethpage State Park and Cold Spring Harbor State Park.
Trail View State Park occupies the former right-of-way for the proposed northern extension of the Bethpage State Parkway and Caumsett State Parkway, on land acquired by New York State in the 1960s. Formerly under the management of the New York State Department of Transportation, the parcel was opened as a state park in September 2002.
The 7.4-mile-long (11.9 km) linear park connects Bethpage State Park and Cold Spring Harbor State Park, covering an area of 454 acres (1.84 km2). It contains a portion of the Nassau/Suffolk Greenbelt Trail, in addition to a portion of the Bethpage Bikeway. The park offers hiking and biking, a nature trail, a bridle path, bird watching, and cross-country skiing.
- "Trail View State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 674. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- "Governor Pataki Announces New State Park on Long Island" (PDF) (Press release). New York State Office of the Governor. September 21, 2002. Retrieved August 16, 2009.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "The Bethpage Parkway Bikeway Extension Bethpage State Park to Syosset LIRR" (PDF). NYS DOT. New York State Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 9, 2016.