Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site
Sackets Harbor Battlefield
|Location||Coastline and area from Sackets Harbor SW to and including Horse Island, Sackets Harbor, New York|
|Area||260 acres (110 ha)|
|NRHP Reference #||74001247|
|Added to NRHP||December 31, 1974|
Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site is a historically important location in Jefferson County, New York, United States. The historic site is south of the Village of Sackets Harbor in the Town of Hounsfield. Two battles were fought near this location during the War of 1812.
The site includes exhibits, a restored 1850s Navy Yard and Commandant's House, outdoor signs, and guided and self-guided tours. There are costumed interpretive guides in the summer months who re-enact a soldier's camp life in 1813.
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Cultural Resource Information System (CRIS)" (Searchable database). New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2016-04-01. Note: This includes Dale E. Watts (October 1974). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Sackets Harbor Battlefield" (PDF). Retrieved 2016-04-01. and Accompanying four photographs
- Sackets Harbor Battlefield State Historic Site at NYS Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- Tourism information
- Sackets Harbor Battlefield Alliance
- Researcher to shed light on African American’s contribution at Battle of Sackets Harbor during the War of 1812
|This article about a historic property or district in Jefferson County, New York, that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New York museum-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|