Fillmore Glen State Park
|Fillmore Glen State Park|
The Cowsheds, a waterfall at Fillmore Glen State Park. Reputedly, cattle would shelter against the cliff to the left on hot summer days in years past.
|Location||1686 State Route 38 |
Moravia, New York
|Nearest city||Ithaca, New York|
|Area||941 acres (3.81 km2)|
|Operated by||New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation|
|Visitors||83,044 (in 2014)|
|Website||Fillmore Glen State Park|
The primary attractions of the park are the hiking trails with views of a stream and five waterfalls, in addition to the swimming pond, made by damming the stream. It also features a replica of President Millard Fillmore's boyhood log cabin, as the park is about five miles (8 km) from the former president's birthplace.[better source needed]
The park offers swimming, picnic tables and pavilions, cabins, a campground with 60 tent and trailer sites, hunting and fishing, hiking, a playground, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.
- "Fillmore Glen State Park - Getting There". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Section O: Environmental Conservation and Recreation, Table O-9". 2014 New York State Statistical Yearbook (PDF). The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government. 2014. p. 672. Retrieved February 7, 2016.
- Freeman, Rich; Freeman, Sue (2002). 200 Waterfalls in Central & Western New York: A Finders' Guide. Fishers, NY: Footprint Press. p. 233. ISBN 1930480016. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- "State Park Annual Attendance Figures by Facility: Beginning 2003". Data.ny.gov. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Fillmore Glen State Park". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
- "Millard Fillmore 13th President, 1850-1853". PresidentialAvenue.com. Retrieved June 2, 2015.
|This article about a location in Cayuga County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|