This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Desislava Ivanova Doneva|
7 March 1979|
|Genres||Pop, Dance, Pop-folk|
|Labels||New Music Stars, Payner|
Desislava Ivanova Doneva was born on 7 March 1979 in Radnevo, Bulgaria. Her musical stage performances began at an early age, when she began winning awards at festivals for children. Shortly afterwards, she became the main solo singer of the orchestra "Radnevo". This allowed her to be noticed by one of the most famous Bulgarian folklore singers of all time - Valkana Stoyanova, who took her under her wing, studied her and declared Desislava as her only possible music heir among all of the students.
When she was 18 years old, the biggest music company in Bulgaria Payner Music offered her a contract and she released her first solo album Nyamam problemi (No problems), where she was the author of 5 out of the11 songs.
One year later, she released her second album Ези-Тура (Heads-Tails). This was
his an album tha putsoner in the charts and all the salde make it the second gold disc in the history of Bulgarian music.
In 2001, the third album Завинаги (Forever), but one of the most popular songs Beli Noshti (White nights) became a super hit and was announced years by the specialized media and public as the super hit of the decade for Bulgaria.
In 2002 after a year spent in the U.S., the album Мистерия (Mystery) came out, where Desislava started to experiment not only with her voice but also with her vision.
In 2003, she left "Payner Music" because the company limited her musical and creative freedom. In early 2004, she founded her own company New Music Stars and released Любовта е само чувство (Love is just a feeling). The album contains songs from different genres like popfolk, dance, r&b, hip-hop and elements of soul and Latin.
In 2004, she released two albums — Best of Desi Slava and duet album Together — a project with Azis - one of the most outrageous and controversial figures of the Bulgarian pop-folk. In 2005, she released Гореща следа (Hot trail) - a controversial album with two very different parts - one modern, with influences from pop, dance, Latino, club music in Bulgarian, English and Spanish and the other emphasizing on the dawn of folk music.
In 2006, she released album another album Сладки сънища (Sweet dreams). This was her best album according to critics.:The songs on this album were varied; they included folk, pop, R & B, reggaeton, rock songs, ballads and duets, songs on Bulgarian, Spanish and English, powerful lyrics.
In 2007, Desislava was in the center of a huge media interest: she was filmed for the cover of the Bulgarian version of FHM magazine, she articipated in the VIP version of the reality show Vip Brother in Bulgaria and participated in the national tour of The Comedians. In addition to singing, Desislava participated in the sketches of the actors and showed a lot of artistry. Her participation in the first MAD SECRET CONCERT, where Desislava sang songs from the repertoire of Sade, Lenny Kravitz, Christina Aguilera, Michael Jackson, Tina Turner, Aerosmit, Madonna, Rolling Stones, Bee Gees, Alan Miles, Belinda Carlisle, Kylie Minogue, Latin and Russian popular songs.
In 2007, she released an unofficial Spanish-language album Estoy aqui. Desislava had dreamt of releasing a Spanish album for Spain and Latin America for a long time. For two years, along with other projects, she prepared songs in Spanish, mostly in the pop style and with a slight Caribbean and reggae influence, but before the album was finished, it mysteriously leaked on the internet and she decided not to release it. However, some of the songs became internet hits.
In 2009, the album Послушай сърцето си (Listen to your heart) was released and it was well received by the critics and musicians- it relied not on a commercial sound, but on a deeper emotion. In the same year, Single Agapi Mou / Loving you, (DesiSlava ft. Kostas Martakis) - dance-pop duet, created by "Symphonics" and produced by Desislava. In Greece, the song wasofficially released in the album of Kostas Pio konta, published by Universal Music Greece.
From 2009 to 2010, Desislava produced two young talents - Dzhemile (pop-folk, Balkan music, and folklore) and Nadia (pop, R&B, dance, soul).
In 2010 Desislava waunched her own independent music TV channel, called DSTV, which giaveonew Bulgarian artists the opportunity to show and express their products A year and a half later, in June 2011, she sold the television channel so she could pay more attention to her music career.
In 2011, the single Калино моме (Boy George, Marc Vedo ft. DesiSlava) was released- progressive house style with ethno vocals. The music was by Boy George, lyrics and vocals by Desislava and arrangement - by the world-famous DJ Marc Vedo.
In 2011, an experimental album Slavatronica was released- an "experiment" - a combination of electronic music and folklore. The core of this band were the musicians from London - Vancho Manoilovich and Matt Cooper from “Incognito” and the Bulgarian musicians Vladimir Velichkov from "Kanarite", Atanas Slavov - Mravcho and Turaman. The album was distributed only electronically - on Amazon, Spotify, MySpace, Medianet, eMusic, Nokia and others ...
In the same year, Desi started close cooperation with Romanian team, which resulted in her single "I like". Consequently, she decided to change her name for the dance projects to DESS. I like was a summer hit, taking all first places in pop charts. This provided DESS with recognition by her colleagues from the pop industry.
In 2012, the song through which Desislava appeared on the Bulgarian Eurovision was released. In the semifinal, Dess was selected as number 1 by a jury and audience. At the final, she remained second. The music of Love is alive was made by herself and her colleagues from "SYMPHONICS" Borislav Milanov and Sebastian Arman, and the text is again by Borislav Milanov.
In the same year, she and Toni Storaro officially presented their new duet Не искам без теб (I do not want without you)
In the same year, she released her second single under the pseudonym Dess "Only one". The song was the work of the Romanian DJ Matias Endoor. The video was made by director Stanislav Hristov and was amongst the most popular summer videos. After Only one Desislava became the only singer nominated for pop folk awards (Nov folk) and pop awards (BG Radio).
In the same year, Desislava won the prestigious "Radnevo Award" for 2012. The Mayor Dr. Julian Iltchev gave the award at a ceremony on the Day of the city. The award is given to individuals who have made a real and significant contribution to the development and prosperity of the city Radnevo.
In the same year, she released her first duet song "It ain't over" with the talented model, singer and composer Alek Sandar. The video was shot in Berlin, and the song was the beginning of joint projects between Dess and Alek Sandar.
In 2013, Baby – the pop single created by Alek Sandar and Boyplay. Desislava presented the song at a charity concert and several months later she gave the song to be an anthem of Sofia Pride 2013. In the same year, Desislava went to Tirana, Albania to meet Alfred Sula – the best Albanian composer. She bought a song from him - Play it again (Bulgarian: Пусни го пак). Desislava was proud of the song because it became the summer pop folk hit. On her birthday she released her new song Усещам (I feel). In the song take part the best pontic-lira musician – the famous Greek Mako.
In the same year, Alek Sandar's song with her "You and me". There is a Bulgarian version called Az I ti.
In July 2014, the singer was chosen to be a coach in the third season of the reality talent show "The Voice of Bulgaria" on bTV. The winner of the reality show was Kristina Ivanova, who was a singer in her team. Desislava caused great admiration with her natural reactions, with her powerful rock'n'roll, the implementation of "Зайди, зайди" and the dedicated work with her team of artists.
In the same year, she released her duet featuring German rapper Nana Cotton Candy.
On 20 November 2014, Desi Slava signed a contract with Payner Music and was presented at the concert “13 years Planeta TV” on 1 December. Her live singing and brilliant vision were the cause of much applause and nice comments of a great return in the largest music company in Bulgaria.
In 2015, she released her first song after returning to Payner — Не го прави (Don’t do it) In the same year, she released song and music video В твоите очи (In your eyes), feauting Galena. On June 11, 25 years of Payner, together with Galena, Preslava, Emilia, Anelia, and Tsvetelina Yaneva, present a new version of the popular song Лале ли си, зюмбюл ли си (You Are a Tulip, You are a Zymboul). A month later, on 9 July, a video of the Dobrudja folk song was released. In the summer, the singer presents the song Започваме на чисто (We Begin Clean). At the beginning of September, the singer took part in Konstantin's song От утре ще е друго (Tomorrow Will Be Another). On December 12, the last song of the singer of the year goes to the song Смени паролата си (Change Your Password). Desi Slava enters the house of Big Brother All Stars and comes out the winner.
In the beginning of 2016, she released ballade song В друг живот (In Another life. In the autumn of 2016 she released И на всички като тебе (And to everyone like you) which became a superhit. At the end of the year, Desi Slava presented the ballad И това ще преживея (And I'll Survive).
On February 27, 2017, the singer was among the participants in the fifth season of the Imitation Show Като две капки вода, where she reached the finals and finished second.
Awards and achievements
Major international events:
- 2007 - Desislava was the first Bulgarian singer to give a concert at London's prestigious Jazz Club "Soho Revue". The show was titled "Cabaret Desislava" and on the stage with her were Vanco Manojlovic (played with Pink Floyd and The Who) and Matt Cooper of "Инкогнито"
- 2008 - MAD Video Music Awards 2008 in Greece. Desislava was the first Bulgarian singer who sang on stage at the Mad Video Music Awards. She sang alongside Greek sex symbol Kostas Martakis.
- 2008 her single "Never end" - a dance single, released by Universal Music Spain in the best-selling dance summer compilation - Disco Estrella. Also in 2008, she participated in "Let’s Duet" - a reality show where she had the opportunity to show the audience her amazing performances across genres: Bulgarian folklore, Macedonian songs, disco, rock, metal, r & b, opera, movie music, folk, Greek, Bulgarian and Russian traditional songs.
- 2009 her single "My Pleasure, My Pain" - Recorded and produced in London by producer John Themis (worked with Spice Girls, Shugarbabes, Rod Stewart, Boy George, Kylie Minogue, George Michael, etc.), who was also the author of the song. The style of the ballad is a British rock. "My Pleasure, My Pain" was broadcast on MTV.
- 2010 – When the great Turkish pop star Mustafa Sandal was in Bulgaria, he chose to invite Desislava to sing with him in his concert in Bulgaria.
- 2012 – Desislava was the only performer from Bulgaria, invited to sing at the most prestigious Balkan Awards - Media Music Awards. There, she performed on the same stage as the best Romanian stars.
- 2005 - Desislava’s song “Лъжа” /"Lie"/ became part of the soundtrack and the plot of the Bulgarian film "Lady Z", which received many Balkan awards.
- 2010 - the French television channel "M6" made a documentary about the phenomenon "pop folk" and devoted a great part of it to Desislava.
- 2011 - Desislava took part in the Bulgarian sound of 3D "Rio" for 20th Century Fox.
- 2011 – She had a major role in the film "Small - Large", directed by Yassen Grigorov, in partnership with the great photographer Temelko Temelkov. The film was awarded with a "Golden Rose".
- 2012 – She had a major role in the TV series “Столичани в повече”
- 2007/2009 - Desislava was the commercial face of the world's largest internet bookmaker Sportingbet. When she signed a contract with "Sportingbet" in 2007, the company's website was blocked for a short period because of a poker game with Desislava, which caused unprecedented interest. - 2010 - Desislava was the only pop folk singer in Bulgaria who was invited to sing with Ruse’ Philharmonic Orchestra and Burgas’ Philharmonic Orchestra. At the end of the year, she was a part of a „FAN TV” tour, the purpose of which was to unite the pop and pop folk genre. The singer performed songs from both styles.
1994 First prize at the Folklore Festival "Slaveyche" Radio "Stara Zagora"
1995 First prize at the folk festival "Petko Zaharieva"
1996 Grand Prix of Folk Festival "Valkana Stoyanova"
1999 Award for live performance at the festival "Golden Mustang"
2000 Award of the "World Arts Festival" in Hollywood (USA) in the section on pop music Award for the hit of the year – “Мъжете всичко искат” /"Men want everything"/ Award of the Audience at the festival "Trakia Folk" - “Бели нощи” /‘White Nights’/ Award of the Jury at the festival "Trakia Folk" - “Бели нощи” /‘White Nights’/ Annual awards of Hit Cocktail - Singer of the year Annual awards of Hit Cocktail – “Ези Тура” - Album of the year Annual awards of Hit Cocktail – “Мила моя, мили мой” Hit of the year Annual awards of ‘Nov Folk’ magazine – “Ези Тура” - Album of the year Annual awards of ‘Nov Folk’ magazine - Best hit singer of the year Annual awards of ‘Nov Folk’ magazine – “Бели нощи” /‘White Nights’/ Song of the year
2002 The audience chart of ‘Planet TV’ – Singer of the year Annual music awards of ‘Planet TV’ – Best singer Annual awards of ‘Nov Folk’ magazine - Singer of the year Annual awards of ‘Nov Folk’ magazine “Мистерия” /‘Mystery’/ – Album of the year Annual awards of ‘Nov Folk’ magazine-“Две сърца” /‘Two Hearts’/ Best Video clip
2004 Annual awards of ‘Nov Folk’ magazine – “Жадувам” /‘I Crave’/ – the best video clip of the year Annual awards of Melo TV Mania–“Бъди добро момче” /‘Be A Good Boy’/ video clip of the year
2005 Annual awards of ‘Nov Folk’ magazine – Best duo for “Казваш че ме обичаш” /“Say you love me”/ Annual awards of ‘Nov Folk’ magazine – Best clip
2006 ‘Nov Folk’ magazine – Music Video of the year – “Някой ден”/„Some day”/ Annual awards of ‘Bliasuk’ magazine – Body of Bliasuk
2007 ‘FHM’ magazine – The sexiest Bulgarian woman Nov Folk Magazine Award for best live performance
2008 Radio Romantica Award for best ballad “Някой ден”/„Some day”/
2009 Nov Folk Magazine Award for song of the decade for “Бели нощи” /„White nights”/ (1998-2008) Award for successful missions to the Red Cross charity
2011 Radio Romantica Award for Eternal ballad “Забрави за мен” /“Forget about me”/
2012 Radio Romantica Award for Best voice of radio Romantica Award for Best cover of the magazine “Mr. Big
2013 Radnevo Award - The prize was for the people who have made significant and tangible contributions to the development and prosperity of the town of Radnevo.
- "No Problems" - 1998
- "Heads Tails" - 2000
- "White nights VHS" - 2000
- "Forever - 2001"
- "Mystery - 2002"
- "The Best of DesiSlava" - 2004
- "Love Is Just A Feeling" - 2004
- "Together - 2004"
- "DesiSlava DVD" - 2005
- "Hot Trail" - 2005
- "Sweet Dreams" - 2006
- "Listen To Your Heart" - 2009
- "Slavatronica" - 2011
- "Нямам проблеми" [No problems]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian).
- "Ези-тура" [Heads-Tails]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian).
- "Завинаги" [Forever]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian).
- "Мистерия" [Mystery]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian).
- "Сладки сънища" [Sweet dreams]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian).
- Ivanov, Ivan (July 8, 2011). "Десислава закрива DSTV" [Desislava closes DSTV]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian).
- "ЧУЙ „Усещам" на Десислава" [Listen "I feel" on Desislava]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). March 7, 2013.
- "ВИЖ „Усещам" на Десислава" [See "I feel" on Desislava]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). March 11, 2013.
- "ВИЖ „Аз и ти" на Alek Sandar ft. Dess" [See "You and me" of Alek Sandar ft. Dess]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). October 25, 2013.
- "ЧУЙ "Моето зайче" на Десислава" [Listen "My bunny" of Desislava]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). March 28, 2014.
- "ВИЖ „Мойто зайче" на Десислава" [See "My bunny" of Desislava]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). March 30, 2014.
- "С изненада за треньори и публика започва третият сезон на "Гласът на България"" [Surprise for coaches and audience starts the third season of "Voice of Bulgaria"]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). September 19, 2014.
- "КРИСТИНА ИВАНОВА Е ПОБЕДИТЕЛЯТ В ТРЕТИЯ СЕЗОН НА "ГЛАСЪТ НА БЪЛГАРИЯ"" [KRISTINA IVANOVA IS THE WINNER IN THE THIRD SEASON OF THE "VOICE OF BULGARIA"]. Glasat (in Bulgarian). bTV. December 21, 2014.
- "Потвърдено: Десислава подписа с "Пайнер", пее на концерта на Планета ТВ" [Confirmed: Desislava signed with Payner, sings at the Planet TV concert]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). November 21, 2014.
- "Промо / Деси Слава – Не го прави" [Promo / Desislava - Don't do it]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). February 25, 2015.
- "Промо / Деси Слава – Не го прави" [Promo / Desislava - Don't do it]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). March 1, 2015.
- "Промо / Галена и Деси Слава – В твоите очи" [Promo / Galena and Desi Slava - In your eyes]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). May 30, 2015.
- "„В твоите очи" носи четвърта победа на Галена и Деси Слава" ["In Your Eyes" brings fourth victory to Galena and Desi Slava]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). July 6, 2015.
- "6 звезди на "Пайнер" с общ видеоклип" [6 stars of Payner with a common video]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). June 16, 2015.
- "Промо / Звездите на Пайнер - Лале ли си, зюмбюл ли си" [Promo / Payner Stars - You Are a Tulip, You are a Zymboul]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). July 10, 2015.
- "Промо / Деси Слава – Започваме на чисто" [Promo / Desi Slava - We Begin Clean]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). July 16, 2015.
- "Промо / Константин ft. Деси Слава - От утре ще е друго" [Promo / Konstantin ft. Desi Slava - Tomorrow Will Be Another]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). September 5, 2015.
- "Промо / Деси Слава – Смени паролата си" [Promo / Desi Slava - Change Your Password] (in Bulgarian).
- "Деси Слава е победител в Big Brother All Stars" [Desi Slava is the winner of the Big Brother All Stars]. Vesti (in Bulgarian). Net Info. December 14, 2015.
- "Промо/ Деси Слава – В друг живот" [Promo/ Desi Slava - In Another Life]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). May 4, 2016.
- "Деси Слава продължава да е №1" [Desi Slava continues to be No. 1]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). May 22, 2016.
- "Промо/Деси Слава – И на всички като тебе" [Promo/Desi Slava - And to everyone like you]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). November 21, 2016.
- "Промо/ Деси Слава – И това ще преживея" [Promo/ Desi Slava - And I'll Survive]. Signal.bg (in Bulgarian). December 22, 2016.