23 April 1981
Zvornik, SR Bosnia and Herzegovina, Yugoslavia
|Residence||Stara Pazova, Serbia|
Svetlana Aleksić (pronounced [sʋɛ̌tlana ǎlɛksitɕ]; born 23 April 1981), married Piljikić, known by her stage name Seka Aleksić, is a Serbian pop folk recording artist. Born in Bosnia, she moved to Serbia in 1992, at the start of the Bosnian War. After several years singing at discotheques throughout Europe, she had a breakthrough in 2002, after performing at a music festival. Since then, Aleksić has released seven albums.
Svetlana Aleksić was born in Zvornik, Bosnia and Herzegovina. She was born into an ethnically mixed marriage, the daughter of a Serb father Milorad Aleksić and Bosniak mother Ibrima (née Ramić). Her father hails from Niš, and currently lives in Loznica. Several regional media outlets have erroneously reported birth name as being Zuhra Ramizaj, a rumor started by Jelena Karleuša in August 2009 on Facebook. Her birth certificate, released to media 27 August 2013, proved that she was born as Svetlana Aleksić. Aleksić has a younger half-brother named Nedžad Ramić.
Her father worked as a machinist in Karakaj and her mother was an employee at the Drina football club. Her parents later divorced when she was seven and she continued living with her mother. When the war in Bosnia broke out in 1992, Aleksić, her brother, mother and stepfather first fled to Banja Koviljača, then to the village Lipolist near Šabac the following year.
She started out singing in kafanas before reaching fame. She moved to Switzerland for two years to boost her career in clubs and discothèques. After Switzerland she moved to Bijeljina. Aleksić signed with the record label Grand Production and released her debut studio album Idealno tvoja on 5 May 2002. In October 2002, she performed at the "Moravski biseri" music festival in Ćuprija.
Aleksić has her own clothing line, called "Šošonka", released at the same time as her third album Dođi i uzmi me (2005). Her second clothing line is called "Queen" after her fourth album, Kraljica (Queen, 2007).
Aleksić has both Bosnian and Serbian passports. When several people accused her on Twitter of being ashamed of her mothers Muslim background, Aleksić replied "I was born in Zvornik and my birth certificate is there, for anyone who is interested. I have never been ashamed of my mother who is of Muslim origin and called Ibrima and my father who is of Serbian origin, and called Milorad."
In 2009, she became engaged to Veljko Piljikić. They married on September 12, 2010. In 2016, she had a baby boy named Jakov.
- Idealno tvoja (2002)
- Balkan (2003)
- Dođi i uzmi me (2005)
- Kraljica (2007)
- Slučajni partneri (2009)
- Lom (2012)
- Lek za spavanje (2015)
- Tamo gde si ti (There Where You Are, 21 September 2010)
- Soba 22 (Room 22, 21 May 2011)
- Šampione (Champion, 30 March 2013)
- U mraku (In the Dark, 23 November 2013)
- Mamurna (Hungover, 30 March 2014)
- Brodolom (Shipwreck, 30 May 2014)
- Čivas (Chivas, 25 September 2014)
- Crnooka (Black eye, 5 April 2016)
- "Nastavlja se porodični rat: Seka Aleksić pokušala parama da ućutka ujaka?". Svet. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Mića Srbin, otac Seke Aleksić: Zbog njenog bivšeg dečka godinama nismo pričali". Svet. 15 September 2011. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
Milorad, koji se ljudima predstavlja i kao Mića Srbin, živi u Loznici [...] "Živim u Loznici a inače sam Nišlija."
- "JELENA KARLEUŠA I SEKA ALEKSIĆ: FEJSBUK OKRŠAJ". Svet. 10 August 2009. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Matična knjiga rođenih potvrdila: Seka nije muslimanka i ime joj nije Zuhra!". 24 sata. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "POTVRĐENO: Seka nije Zuhra!". Kurir. 27 August 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "VAISTINU SVETLANA!: Dokazano da se Seka nikada nije zvala Zuhra". Alo!. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "ŽIVOTNA FILOZOFIJA SEKE ALEKSIĆ". Balkaniyum. 22 February 2007. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Aleksić: Nisam rekla da nisam Srpkinja". Novosti. 17 June 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Novi skandal - Seka Aleksić tuži Kurir". Zbrka. 18 June 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "SEKA ALEKSIĆ PROGOVORILA: Da, moja majka je muslimanskog porijekla, i ne stidim se toga". Doznajemo. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Seka Aleksić: Ne stidim se svoje majke i nisam Zuhra". Novosti. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 29 December 2014.