22 January 1964
|Died||18 October 2007 (aged 43)|
Bijeljina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Cause of death||Perforation of the pancreas caused by prolonged alcoholism|
|Resting place||Urije Cemetery, Kozarska Dubica|
|Genres||pop folk, rock|
|Labels||Elita, PGP-RTS, Diskos, Gold Music, City Records, Zabava miliona, VIP Production, Renome|
Nikola Rešić (Serbo-Croatian Cyrillic: Никола Решић), born Amir Rešić (Serbo-Croatian Cyrillic: Амир Решић; 22 January 1964 – 18 October 2007), known by the stage name Nino (Serbo-Croatian Cyrillic: Нино), was a Bosnian and Serbian singer, popular in the 1990s.
After moving to the Serbian city Kruševac in the 1980s, Rešić converted from Islam to Serbian Orthodoxy and changed his Muslim name Amir to the Christian Nikola, as his then-wife followed the Serbian Orthodox faith. He converted back to Islam in 2004 and changed his name back to Amir.
Rešić was married and divorced three times, with the marriages resulting in daughters Amela, Sandra and Tamara. Sandra Rešić competed in the 2014–15, 2015–16 and 2016–17 seasons of the televised singing competition Zvezde Granda.
Rešić complained of severe stomach pain on the morning of 18 October 2007 and was taken to a Bijeljina hospital by friend Siniša Kajmaković, manager of the Bijeljina-based record label Renome. Rešić soon left the hospital, against doctors recommendations, fearing the reaction of the media to his illness.
Throughout the day, Rešić complained of intense pain, and at 10 PM an ambulance was called. Rešić lost consciousness during the ride to the hospital and attempts at resuscitation were unsuccessful. He died that night aged 43 of pancreas perforation caused by prolonged alcoholism.
- Boli (1991), as Amir Rešić
- Što Mi Noći Nemaju Svanuća (1992)
- Zbogom Mala (1993)
- Šta Ću Mala S Tobom (1994)
- Tvoje Oči (1995)
- Tebe Želim Noćas (1996)
- Za Prošlu Ljubav (1997)
- Ko Te Samo Takne (1998)
- Tebi Ravno Sve Do Mora (1999)
- Trebaš Mi (2000)
- Dvanaest Meseci (2001)
- Opet Onaj Stari (2004)
- Novembar (2005)
- Nazovi Me (2006)
- Čovjek bez sreće
- "BILI SU NA VRHU A ONDA SU NESTALI Najveće tragedije na srpskoj estradi!". Alo. 21 August 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Sandra: Nino bi da je živ bio ponosan na mene". Blic. 15 April 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Umro Nino". Press Online. 19 October 2007. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Ćerka pokojnog pevača Nina oduševila sve u Zvezdama Granda". Novosti. 8 December 2014. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Preminuo je prije sedam godina: Kćerka pokojnog pjevača se predstavila u takmičenju Zvezde Granda!". Ekskluziva. 8 December 2014. Retrieved 1 May 2016.