Fabasoft Folio Cloud
Fabasoft Folio Cloud is a cloud computing service developed by Fabasoft in Linz, Austria announced in April 2010. It focuses on enabling secure collaboration and is web-based with iOS and Android apps for use on mobile devices. The software is object-oriented and offers a wide range of sophisticated functionality for document management and global collaboration, which can be extended by specialist cloud applications. Fabasoft places a large amount of focus on usability and accessibility.
Folio Cloud operates a freemium financial model, offering both free and fee-requiring services. The free service includes 5 GB of online storage and the core functionality of Folio Cloud. The fee-requiring services include storage packages and further editions with added functionality.
The core element for collaboration in Folio Cloud is the team room – a team room is a protected area in the cloud for storing data. Users may have read only access, change access or full control within a team room.
Workflows can be set up for structured collaboration. For example, it allows the definition of the business process for approving a document via different users or groups. Such structured collaboration is supported with the integration of Skype and other direct communication tools such as news feeds and instant messaging.
Folio Cloud is certified and tested according to the following security standards : ISO 27001:2005, ISO 20000, ISO 9001, SAS 70 Type II. Fabasoft was also the first software manufacturer to receive MoReq2 certification – the European standard for records management.
All Folio Cloud data is saved in data centers in Europe, where European standards for security, reliability and data protection apply. Cloud data is kept permanently synchronized in two mirrored data centers in Austria so that a fail over is possible at any time. A backup of data is constantly maintained in a third data center. Further data center locations are being integrated in Germany and Switzerland and in future users will be able to decide at which data center location their data is stored.
All communication and transfer of data within Folio Cloud is encrypted via SSL/TLS. Cloud access is protected by secure forms of authentication including two factor authentication with Motoky or SMS and login via digital ID. Folio Cloud has integrated the new German digital ID card, the Austrian Citizen Card with mobile signature and the SuisseID as forms of digital authentication. Fabasoft is active in the support of the advancement of European cloud infrastructure.
Folio Cloud supports all common web browsers, different operating systems and end user devices. Folio Cloud apps are also available on Google Play and the Apple App Store for use on Android and iOS devices. Folio Cloud supports open standards such as WebDAV, CalDAV and CMIS.
Folio Cloud uses Fabasoft Mindbreeze as its integrated search.
Apps are online applications that extend the functionality of Folio Cloud to fulfill concrete use cases and needs. All Folio Cloud Apps are available in the Fabasoft Cloud App Store.
Fabasoft held its first Cloud Developer Conference (CDC) from December 15–17, 2010 as a free event for Cloud developers. Since then the event has taken place twice a year, once in the summer and once in the winter.
- Cloud Computing Companies Central (March 6, 2012). "Trusted Cloud Collaboration: Live Case Study Demos in the Cloud".[permanent dead link]
- Computerwoche. "The Finalists: Platform as a Service". Computerwoche. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- Fabasoft R&D GmbH. "Folio Cloud App". Apple iTunes. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- Fabasoft R&D GmbH. "Folio Cloud App". Google Play. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- Jeff Norman (February 28, 2012). "Cloud Apps of the Week". Cloud Tweaks. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- USECON. "Case Study: Fabasoft – User Experience Study". USECON. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- DLM Forum. "MoReq Roadmap and Timeline". DLM Forum. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- DLM Forum. "Certified Solutions (MoReq2)". DLM Forum. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- Zack Whittaker (June 28, 2011). "Microsoft admits Patriot Act can access EU-based cloud data". ZDNet. Retrieved March 28, 2012.
- William Wallace (March 20, 2012). "SuisseID: Folio Cloud Brings The Most Secure Cloud Login to Switzerland!". blog.foliocloud.com.
- Siena Initiative. "Cloudscape III - Taking European Cloud Infrastructure Forward (page 20)" (PDF). Siena Initiative. Retrieved March 28, 2012.